Big Time Texas Hunts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big Time Texas Hunts

How do these work? It looks like they aren't part of the standard draw system, and instead entries are bought with your license? Or am I mistaken?

Can you add people to your application, or does each individual need to buy their own entries? It looks like some hunts allow hunting guests, non-hunting guests, etc.

They are purchased separately from your license but you can buy it all from the tpwd website.

They don't accrue loyalty points like the park and wma draw hunts do.

The big time hunts are just as they state, all premium hunts most with guides lodging and some providing taxidermy.

They are all single applicant but some allow for a non-hunting guest to accompany you and some allowing for hunting guest. Each one is a little different.

Search big time hunts on here, I can think of 3 who have won the holy grail of the grand slam including doc may last year. Additionally, Shane won the big horn a few years ago.

I'll be making my annual donation soon. Can't win without some skin in the game.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Slick8
      I'll be making my annual donation soon. Can't win without some skin in the game.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
      X2

When you go to buy your raffle ticket it gives you an option to pick QTY 1-400. Does that mean you can submit multiple applications for the same hunt?

Comment

Yeah, you can buy as many chances in a hunt as you want in the Big Time hunts.

DocMay bought several last year and ended up getting the Grand Slam.

This is a real money maker for the TPWD. When I hunted Yoakum Dunes in 2015 in the regular draw, the biologist guiding me told me that there were around 11,000 entries for the Big Time hunt a couple of weeks after. At $9 per entry, that was a pretty good haul for one hunt.

Comment

Never knew about these but i just looked. For sure a neat deal.

Comment

Originally posted by grizzman View Post
            Yeah, you can buy as many chances in a hunt as you want in the Big Time hunts.

DocMay bought several last year and ended up getting the Grand Slam.

This is a real money maker for the TPWD. When I hunted Yoakum Dunes in 2015 in the regular draw, the biologist guiding me told me that there were around 11,000 entries for the Big Time hunt a couple of weeks after. At $9 per entry, that was a pretty good haul for one hunt.
            I think total they made almost $900,000 off the hunts.

Comment

So your odds of drawing a big time hunt are better than drawing general deer at the Chap until about year four under the new system?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Other states have them as well. Wyoming for sure and Arizona too, I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by jnd1959 View Post
                  Other states have them as well. Wyoming for sure and Arizona too, I believe.
                  I think all the western states do. I usually put in for a couple in NV, CA and AZ. I know NM, WY and MO do as well

Comment

Working...
                  X