Pigs in Sam Houston

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pigs in Sam Houston

Need to get out and hunt something. Going to make the drive and try getting a pig in Sam Houston tomorrow. I have my APH permit. I've heard to walk the creek bottoms. Any other advise? All I need is my APH and orange correct? Thanks!

I am no help but good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by lbbf View Post
      Need to get out and hunt something. Going to make the drive and try getting a pig in Sam Houston tomorrow. I have my APH permit. I've heard to walk the creek bottoms. Any other advise? All I need is my APH and orange correct? Thanks!
      Aph and the hunting license, as well as hunters education if applicable for your age bracket. Watch out for snakes as well. If you hunt midday, look for wallowing pits that are active. In evening and morning expect them to move a bit.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Yes Creek bottoms are good. Ponds can also be good. Find both in some thick hardwood bottom area and you should be good to go. Follow trails from the water back into the thick stuff. Pigs change areas in the Sam a lot. Look for fresh sign, walk quietly, and listen. They are usually not quiet. You can stalk them when you hear them. Good luck.

Comment

Thanks for the replies. Pig or no pig it will be nice to get out in the woods again.

Comment

FM 1375 just west of FM 149. look up on a map for Osborne road. Just east of where Osborne comes out on FM1375 is Caney creek...….Head North in the woods right in this general area. I drive by here coming and going to work and always see them and also where they tear up the roadside. You should be able to find the beaten path in there pretty easy.

Comment

Good luck amigo!

Comment

Watch out for snakes!

Comment

Well I didn't make it out today. One of the best days we've had in a while and the wife had other plans for me. Heading out tomorrow! Thanks again for the help.

Comment

Interested how this goes for you...Good luck!

Comment

I have been told there is a guy that has shot pigs on the side of the road off of Osbourn and FM 1375 with his glock 10mm.....cannot confirm so as of now it is just a rumor.

Comment

Good luck. I never seem to find them when I go looking, but they have snuck on me during deer season out there. Never seen a small one in the Sam.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom View Post
                          FM 1375 just west of FM 149. look up on a map for Osborne road. Just east of where Osborne comes out on FM1375 is Caney creek...….Head North in the woods right in this general area. I drive by here coming and going to work and always see them and also where they tear up the roadside. You should be able to find the beaten path in there pretty easy.
                          I've literally gotten there at all hours of the day and NEVER seen pigs there. They hit that spot so randomly, you basically gotta just sit there 24 hours.

I've hiked that area to the north so many times too. You should see my onX app tracks in that area LOL

Comment

Originally posted by alexpeter
                            Are you tired of reading a bunch of Miele vacuum reviews that provide readers with zero useful information?

Well, if the answer is yes – we have some good news for you. If you stick with our overview of the best Miele cleaners, you will be able to make an informed decision when buying a new vacuum.

After all, no one wants to splash the cash on an appliance that does not suit their cleaning needs. Therefore, let’s dive deeper into the reviews of the 5 best Miele models in the current market.
                            Reported to mods as SPAM.

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
                              I've literally gotten there at all hours of the day and NEVER seen pigs there. They hit that spot so randomly, you basically gotta just sit there 24 hours.

I've hiked that area to the north so many times too. You should see my onX app tracks in that area LOL
                              I found some good bass ponds off of Osborne Rd. a long time ago. Anybody been there? Somebody told me that General Sam Houston had camped there with some troops at one time.

Comment

Working...
                              X