trump, kim jong meeting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
    Yeh he wa s a quick learner... see uncle and brother, and countless (literally) others...
    One does not simply become afraid of something/someone that one has been preparing his whole life (literally) to destroy.
    Lil fat boy is a GOD.... . a GOD..... and has lived his entire life knowing only that...
    The human rights atrocities this man is responsible for (the ones the free world knows about) should be enough to never sign a treaty of any kind with him... let alone one that opens the door for him to profit from in form of trade and the lifting of embargos..

you may be correct about the test facility (mountain).. think i did read somewhere that it was leakin pretty good after the last one..
    Ive read through all your post and I'm still unsure....do you trust the little rocket man or do you not??

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
      Ive read through all your post and I'm still unsure....do you trust the little rocket man or do you not??
      We're facebook friends but i never give his posts a thumbsup.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
        The human rights atrocities this man is responsible for (the ones the free world knows about) should be enough to never sign a treaty of any kind with him... let alone one that opens the door for him to profit from in form of trade and the lifting of embargos...
        How much cash money did we send Iran, they say mean stuff about the USA too?

I will take Trump negotiations over Mohamed Obamas any day.
        Attached Files

Comment

That deal was revoked, as it should've been. Should never have been made.

Comment

No real argument here. My point is who made the deal, and who revoked it.

Kim knows there is a new sheriff in town. Kim spent his lifetime negotiating with only fear as a motivator. Trump uses that angle and so much more.

Also keep in mind that if trade is opened up, the Korean people will be awash with things they could never of dreamed of. Like Dennis Rodman.

Comment

Originally posted by batmaninja View Post
              No real argument here. My point is who made the deal, and who revoked it.

Kim knows there is a new sheriff in town. Kim spent his lifetime negotiating with only fear as a motivator. Trump uses that angle and so much more.

Also keep in mind that if trade is opened up, the Korean people will be awash with things they could never of dreamed of. Like Dennis Rodman.
              Taking away something that should never have been given... is not the same as trusting someone to do the right thing.

Kim has never negotiated a second in his life.

The NK people will and have NEVER see anything from any trade agreement.

Comment

I'm not one to go tossing around maybe's but if NK goes through with it and the Koreas open borders as well and trade to rest of world.... its only a matter of time before the people of North Korea realize how actually suppressed they were and awful Kim was. Then he's a dead man walking. Think saddam.

Comment

I'm thinking more along the lines of Korean War..

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                    I'm not one to go tossing around maybe's but if NK goes through with it and the Koreas open borders as well and trade to rest of world.... its only a matter of time before the people of North Korea realize how actually suppressed they were and awful Kim was. Then he's a dead man walking. Think saddam.
                    I don't think China will ever allow them to be that free.

Comment

How much cash money did we send Iran, they say mean stuff about the USA too?

I will take Trump negotiations over Mohamed Obamas any day.
                      That picture makes me sick. We have the most elite military in the world and Obama castrated it to the point that this happened.

Comment

Systemnt makes valid points. There's no argument Kim is evil and Trump would be wise to tread very carefully. Could be a head-fake, could be a new reality.

However, there's only one person on planet earth who has both the power to start ww3 (or is it ww4 now?) on the Korean peninsula or unite and lead one of the two Koreas towards peace. The calculus is how do you get this to happen without having a single shot fired, avoid civil unrest, and a humanitarian disaster?

Many possible outcomes, good and bad. Kim may have seen the light with Saddam, khaddafi, and Assad and figured being a dictator has a predicable outcome.

We live in interesting times.

Comment

Also keep in mind that if trade is opened up, the Korean people will be awash with things they could never of dreamed of.
                          You really think Kim is going to just open up his people to the world so they'll realize he's just a tin pot dictator they should overthrow? He ain't stupid, and he'll make sure they keep believing the outside world is a hell hole and that he's their savior. Only he and a select few will benefit from any economic stimulus or trade agreement.

Comment

Originally posted by sir shovelhands View Post
                            Only he and a select few will benefit from any economic stimulus or trade agreement.
                            I agree with everything you state but this part. He has been running the country as basically a labor camp for decades, it really cant get much worse for most of the people there.

Kim has a motive for sure, and I dont know what it is. If i had to guess, I dont think his nuke program is what he said it was. But yes, I agree that he will be putting himself first, whether it is trying to not get killed by his own people or face prosecution for his criminal actions on a world stage.

Help me understand how he can open up the country to trade, but still keep his people believing that the rest of the world is evil?

Comment

it really cant get much worse for most of the people there.
                              Oh, it can.
                              https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_Korean_famine

Help me understand how he can open up the country to trade, but still keep his people believing that the rest of the world is evil?
                              Kim controls the means of production, the government, the military, doesn't allow internet access to the outside (see Kwangmyong), the only allowable media is state propaganda, and tourists are tightly controlled. So the real question becomes: how are you going to ever convince North Koreans that the rest of the world isn't evil when that's all they'll ever hear?

Lifting sanctions doesn't mean NK will give its people access to global internet, the ability to meet foreigners, the ability to leave the country, or the ability to read/watch anything but state propaganda.

Hey, maybe Kim is planning to give up his nukes, turn NK into a democracy, and step down from being a God. But I just can't see it.

Comment

Thanks for the link, I was honestly not aware of how awful the conditions in NK have been. Seems like there is a lot of room for improvement though, right?

The great famine is known in North Korea by the officially mandated phrase konanŭi haenggun (The Arduous March). It was a central event in the country's history, and it forced the regime and its people to change in fundamental and unanticipated ways.[5]

Only about 20% of North Korea's mountainous terrain is arable land. Much of the land is only frost-free for six months, allowing only one crop per year. The country has never been self-sufficient in food, and many experts considered it unrealistic to try to be.

Seems like that if NK does not engage in some sort of trade, its people are going to starve to death, again. Call me crazy, but I am cautiously optimistic here.

Comment

Working...
                                X