Best IR illuminator???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best IR illuminator???

I have both a Sightmark photon Xt 4.6 and an ATN x-sight 5x-18 and I'm looking for a better IR illuminator that will easily get me out past 200 yards. I have the sightmark IR-850 on the photon plus the factory IR and I can see better with it than the x-sight with the included IR.
    What do you guys recommend to get better range?
    Anyone have a good one for sale?

UNV 20 at Ultimate Nightvision dot com

Comment

Got a UNV20lr from Jason... Outdoor Legacy Gear on here. Really like it and also Jason is awesome.

Comment

What about the torch pro?
        How much is the unv20 and what kind of useable range are yall getting.

Comment

Unv20 is 850 where the torch pro is 940 so you can't see it all. Haven't used either one though.

Comment

Originally posted by Iehooligan11b View Post
            Got a UNV20lr from Jason... Outdoor Legacy Gear on here. Really like it and also Jason is awesome.
            This. I bought a Photon and a UNV20 and it made a world of difference. We were playing around with the night vision (3 different ones) and the UNV made a huge difference in all of them.

Comment

Best IR illuminator???

200 no issues, some dudes add a doubler. Even to the torch.

Comment

Originally posted by FireNguns View Post
                What about the torch pro?
                I have the Torch. Much better than the IR light that came with my ATN scope.

Comment

Originally posted by Iehooligan11b View Post
                  Thanks!

The UNV 20IR is by far the most popular IR illuminator add-on for the Photons and it's actually one the most popular IR illuminators out there for all NV. Very nice unit, zoom-able, small/compact and 3 brightness settings. It's hard to beat for the price.

Shameless plug.
                  UNV 20IR at Outdoor Legacy Gear

Comment

Jason had a great price on the UNV 20IR. It can see farther than I can shoot, and has adjustable brightness and focuses from spot to flood. It's a winner.

Comment

I have a Vietnam era surplus UV glass lens that was made to replace the lens in a Q-beam. Put that sucker on a 2 million candlepower q beam and it blasts out there at least 200 yards. Bought it at a gun show for about $5. I just googled around and couldn't find anything like it for sale.

Comment

How tight can the unv20 focus? Torch pro can be used to 800 yards. Does it spoke animals with the visible glow at the device?

Comment

How tight can the unv20 focus? Torch pro can be used to 800 yards. Does it spook animals with the visible glow at the device?

I don't know how to answer that the best way. Since the Photon is 4.6 power, 800 yard shots are not happening for me. Suffice it to say that any distance at which the Photon can shoot, the 20IR can illuminate.

I have not seen a hog yet with the 20IR. I have seen lots of deer though. They seem to notice the glow, but don't seem to care. I would consider deer more apt to spook than hogs, but that's just me. YMMV.

Comment

Yeah I'm not taking 800 yard shots with the photon. I just want to get an illuminator that will maximize my viewing/detecting distance.

Comment

We (Sniper Hog Lights) have a new IR LED module coming out in about 3 weeks that can be used in any of our 30LR, 50LR and 66LR lights. This IR LED is the newest and brightest IR LED on the market and I can tell you from testing it out that it will shine incredible distances in all three lights. Took it out the other night with a Gen 3 scope and we could see deer at 1700 yards with our 66LR light and could have seen further if we had the area to do it. Of course your going to be able to see much further with a Gen 3 scope then the sightmark photon. The only thing I have that is close to a Gen 1 NV is my old sony video camera that picks up IR. I know it's not as good as the Sighmark photon but I could get decent video out to about 200 yards with it with our IR LED. I guarantee that our 66LR or 50LR with the IR module in it will put out more IR light and shine further then Unv20 or your money back. All three of our lights above have a focusable beam. Also, At about the same time our IR LED module comes out we will have a full dimmer switch for all our lights also so you have complete control of brightness. This is a big plus because if you have used real powerful IR lights before with NV you understand how it can be too bright at times and give a washed out look. With the dimmer switch you be able to set the power of the light just right to get the clearest view possible.
                              Just to give you a Idea on power, the Unv20 uses 1050mW IR LED and ours is 1300mW and when you add our lenses to that LED you get a much brighter and further shining light then the Unv20.
                              I see the UNV20 is $184.95 at Outdoor legacy gear with batteries and charger. Our 50LR with the IR LED, batteries, charger and dimmer switch will be around $139.00 and with the 10% off we give to TBH members that comes to about $125.00. That means it's about $60.00 cheaper and you get a light that puts out more IR light and shines further with a lifetime warranty.
                              By the way, the torch pro listed above is only 100mW. I see someone posted it is good to 800 yards. I'll bet that 800 yards is only with a very Good Gen 3 scope because there is no way a Gen 1 or 2 could see that far with it. If your looking for a small IR light like the torch pro then take a look at our 30LR as it's about the same size but will put out a lot more IR light and shine a lot further with our IR LED module then the torch pro light.

Again please note that our New IR LED modules and dimmer switch will not be available for about 3 weeks but they will work with our current 30LR, 50LR and 66LR lights so if you have one our lights, all you have to buy is the IR LED module and the price of the IR LED module is $24.99.

Comment

Working...
                              X