Mayhem in Mexico – things are going to only get worse on our border

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Playa View Post
    Consumers like cheap labor too. While it may lead to more profit for corporations it also results in cheap labor. Can you imagine housing costs if we had to pay American wages for carpentry, drywall and concrete?
    It is all relative. Price of labor goes up....cost of goods goes up. People have more money to spend on goods. Eventually you end up in pretty much the same spot. But citizens pay taxes and most of the money doesn't end up south of the border. And you get to stop paying for their education and healthcare.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
      $$$$!! When I refer to "Chamber of Commerce Republicans" I am not referring to local chapters who work to promote local businesses. At the national level they are the #1 promoter of crony capitalism and never saw a government program or law they didn't like if it helps line their donor's pockets. While they give lip service to border security as their official position their actions say otherwise. For example they have poured huge amounts of money into the campaign to stop E-Verify. Why? The only logical answer is their donor/members like cheap labor.
      Yep.. This is exactly how politicians, who's earned annual income is less than many of ours, serve only a few years and retire multi millionaires... They dam sure didn't earn it...
      A whole lotta "under the table money" flowing in every direction...

Comment

Consumers like cheap labor too. While it may lead to more profit for corporations it also results in cheap labor. Can you imagine housing costs if we had to pay American wages for carpentry, drywall and concrete?

It's not cheap labor anymore. They're plumbers. Electricians. HVAC guys. Those aren't day labor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
          It's not cheap labor anymore. They're plumbers. Electricians. HVAC guys. Those aren't day labor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Don't forget about rig welders, brick layers, framers, insulators, ranchers and the list goes on...

Comment

Think about the good these skilled workers could do for Mexico if they went back..............nope, cartels.

Comment

You mean like our entire history up until about 25 years ago?

Comment

the military is

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
                At some point in the future we will have to militarize our border. Similar to North Korea/South Korea.
                Our military is on the border now, gathering intelligence on everyone on both sides!The cartels biggest fear is the marines coming across to do what they do best on the planet. Just watch yall.Build it,DO Something besides argue!

Comment

Originally posted by OldRiverRat View Post
                  Actually it does solve all the problems. We take direct control and rid the country of the cartel via military aviation, issue SS Numbers to everyone and then all of MEXICO is living the dream. 5 years of US investment whereby business owners can own a majority stake in biz in Mexico and the country would be a different place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                  What would be the difference using Military aviation against the cartels in Mexico if we annexed them or using it against current gangs in any city in the US now?

Comment

Originally posted by tminc View Post
                    Our military is on the border now, gathering intelligence on everyone on both sides!The cartels biggest fear is the marines coming across to do what they do best on the planet. Just watch yall.Build it,DO Something besides argue!
                    Cartels need to be labeled as terrorist organizations and the US should liberate Mexico.

Almost 20 years in the Middle East while our own backyard has been in turmoil for as long.

I don't care if they're killing each other in the M.E.. Next time a US landowner is threatened by a Mexican rain hellfire.

Comment

Originally posted by smtx View Post
                      cartels need to be labeled as terrorist organizations and the us should liberate mexico.

Almost 20 years in the middle east while our own backyard has been in turmoil for as long.

I don't care if they're killing each other in the m.e.. Next time a us landowner is threatened by a mexican rain hellfire.
                      win!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by OldRiverRat View Post
                        I’ll say it again just annex MEXICO and make it the 51st state. Problem solved!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                        How did you come up with this idea?

That would make Mexico almost the sole decider of presidential elections. Mexico would have roughly four times the number of electoral college votes and four times the house seats of California. This is likely the worst idea I have ever read in regards to Mexico.

Comment

Originally posted by -HIC- View Post

That would make Mexico almost the sole decider of presidential elections. Mexico would have roughly four times the number of electoral college votes and four times the house seats of California. This is likely the worst idea I have ever read in regards to Mexico.
                          x1000 infinite

Comment

My biggest pet peve at the moment is when you have a friend,family member, coworker etc etc. and your talking about the wall and they go into some ridiculous solution that seems completely legitimate in their mind at the moment.

"well here's what we need to do...get all the un-commissioned A-10 Warthogs and......" "well here's what we need to do....get all the pit bulls you can gather up....."
                            "well here's what we need to do...get about 200 M1 Abrams tanks...."

I just want to pull my hair out when they start into it.

Comment

Build the wall and be done with it. I want the cement underground, iron on top 30 foot barrier. Offer a bounty for drug runners coming across the border.
                              We used to travel across the border, have a beer, girls got their hair braided, hit a few shops, and enjoy the Mexico experience - Mexican kids singing and entertaining. Last time we were there they had a parade around the block yelling anti-American slogans waving the Mexican flag making us feel welcome. Never going back. Wouldn't go back unless I went generally insane.

Comment

Originally posted by -HIC- View Post

Texas will be lost to the dems in another 5 years anyway so all the electoral college arguments will be a moot point.

either way we end up at the same place which is where we are going to end up.

Comment

Working...
                                X