SCOTUS’ greatest impact

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
    ABsoulutely they can and have had horrid decisions on multiple fronts over our history. Dred Scott came down to a property rights issue...…...of a HUMAN being before the civil war. Abortion is hugely rooted in religious beliefs and muddled in what a WOman chooses to do with their body. Could be quite interesting to see if it comes up.
    Dred Scott only became a property rights issue after the court decided that a slave wasn't a person. Abortion can only be about the mother's body if the baby inside her womb isn't a person.

It's all about personhood. The libs know this. That's why they argue about viability and all of that. That's their effort to deny personhood to a baby inside a womb. They know that if they admit that unborn babies are actually human beings, then they have personhood and their right to life must be considered. And it gets to be pretty doggone difficult to justify the willful taking of an innocent human life, whether you are a Christian or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
      Dred Scott only became a property rights issue after the court decided that a slave wasn't a person. Abortion can only be about the mother's body if the baby inside her womb isn't a person.

It's all about personhood. The libs know this. That's why they argue about viability and all of that. That's their effort to deny personhood to a baby inside a womb. They know that if they admit that unborn babies are actually human beings, then they have personhood and their right to life must be considered. And it gets to be pretty doggone difficult to justify the willful taking of an innocent human life, whether you are a Christian or not.
      No arguments from me. It will be somewhat interesting to see if it is part of the ruckus.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
        No arguments from me. It will be somewhat interesting to see if it is part of the ruckus.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
        Yep. I'm sure it'll come up eventually. And it will definitely be quite the ruckus when it does.

Comment

YouTube is chock full of videos showing what and how partial birth abortions are done. Some of this stuff is sickening and impossible to watch how a fetus is legally murdered using a pair of scissors to punch a hole in the base of the baby's skull and then suck out it's brain before pulling the rest of the tiny body out by it's leg. I know where I stand on this issue but who am I to judge?

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Javi Cooper View Post
            Personally I don't have a problem with abortion (if you want to kill your kid, go for it) just don't be asking me to fund it... No GOVERNMENT MONEY for abortion.. PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY
            Originally posted by Playa View Post
            Mike if the participants were forward thinkers they wouldn’t need abortions in the 1st place. Consequently their life decisions often mean they lack funds for the procedure. If they can’t fund a few thousand for that, how do you ever expect them to pay for the lifecycle of a child? Who then shoulders that financial burden?

Social conservatives will never admit it but it cost far less to abort than to “raise” the unwanted children
            Personal accountability. That means if/when they have kids they can't afford either they suffer or the kids (or both) suffer. And we, the working people, don't take the blame. It's 100% their fault their kids are suffering.

If society went back to what liberals would call "being cold hearted" or conservatives would call "tough love" a lot of people would eventually wake up and start changing their ways.

The more we're nice and help them the lazier and less accountable society gets. It's really not hard to figure out.

Originally posted by mikerosa View Post
            I prefer voting laws with ID for sure ! How can it be racist to not have a voter ID because you don’t have money ?

Roe vs Wade does need to be re-visited. Why ? Well, the decision back then was based in part to the knowledge known pertaining to human life.

Today, because of technology, we have more clarity on life. A fetus has a heart beat. Does a heartbeat constitute a living being ? Personally I do believe it does, but I’m not a sitting judge.

I think things like this should be tabled with new discovery thru modern science by way of technology.
            Technology has taught us Saturn does not have 3 rings, and that there are more planets. We owe it to science [emoji436] discovery to better society and not be stuck in dogma.
            Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            At least don't let the law flip flop. If a pregnant woman is killed it's two murders. But abortion is not murder? Geez.
            Last edited by RiverRat1; 07-09-2018, 08:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
              Hopefully mandatory drug testing AND proof of citizenship for ALL welfare recipients and ANY other form of government assistance.. ..
              Holy crap that would be nice.. Never happen though but I sure wish. I'll throw a party if it does.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                Personal accountability. That means if/when they have kids they can't afford either they suffer or the kids (or both) suffer. And we, the working people, don't take the blame. It's 100% their fault their kids are suffering.

If society went back to what liberals would call "being cold hearted" or conservatives would call "tough love" a lot of people would eventually wake up and start changing their ways.

The more we're nice and help them the lazier and less accountable society gets. It's really not hard to figure out.

At least don't let the law flip flop. If a pregnant woman is killed it's two murders. But abortion is not murder? Geez.

Not my thinking. To me a fetus is a child. Abortion is pre-meditated murder in my book.

Comment

Originally posted by mikerosa View Post
                  Not my thinking. To me a fetus is a child. Abortion is pre-meditated murder in my book.

I was agreeing with you. Saying right now the laws contradict.

Comment

2nd abortion should result in sterilization.

Comment

Working...
                    X