Best Buy Sucks!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Buy Sucks!

They don't stand behind their products and warranty. Bought new washer and dryer less than 3 months ago, the replaced the 1 washer because it was damaged. The second washer ( Maytag ) had issues from day one, but stopped for a week or two, then started again. Had service folks come out, of course the problem wasn't found when he was there. A week later it started again, scheduled another repair visit.
    They show up today with new parts that they think might fix the problem, tear the washer apart and put new parts in......still having the problems. Now the want to replace the motor, transmission and driveshaft......on out brand new washer.

I call the manager at the League City Best Buy were they were purchased. I requested a replacement washer. He basically he can't do anything and if it breaks down a couple more times they can replace it. Completely un-acceptable.

I haven't ever bought anything major from Best Buy until the new washer and dryer.........But I'll never step foot in one again or spend a red cent in that place.

Buyer beware! They don't stand behind the products they sell.

Good thing I bought the Extended Warranty......looks like I'm gonna need it because Best Buy won't stand behind the products they sell.

Comment

Lowes is the same way. I have a dishwasher that was nothing but trouble and their rule is that the same issue has to be serviced 3-4 times in a 6 month or 12 month span before they would replace the dishwasher with a new one.

Comment

Our 6 month old washer went out and smoked!! Had to get a load done as Erica had a DR. appointment - so I checked on craigslist and found one! Should of known he was a crackhead from the phone call!! But went and got it and hooked it up - ran great so went to bed - Erica wakes me up and says the laundry room is flooding!!! While she was at the Dr. I watched a youtube vid and fixed the old one! Erica won't let me take the crackhead one to the dump - she insists on putting some tannerite in it and letting the emotions fly! Literally!!! washed my favorite socks too!
        Attached Files
        Last edited by chopsknives; 06-28-2018, 04:45 PM.

Comment

I've had the opposite expierance. I reccomend them to everyone. Just replaced every appliance in my home, about 4 months ago from there. The way they have always done me on warranty issues, I don't know how they make money. Just replace stuff, no questions ask, every time I've ever been. Hell they don't even check to see if it's broke, just go get a new one.
          I hope yours is a one off case, and they haven't changed something.

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
            I've had the opposite expierance. I reccomend them to everyone. Just replaced every appliance in my home, about 4 months ago from there. The way they have always done me on warranty issues, I don't know how they make money. Just replace stuff, no questions ask, every time I've ever been. Hell they don't even check to see if it's broke, just go get a new one.
            I hope yours is a one off case, and they haven't changed something.
            With the exception of the washer and dryer I bought and the 3 year warranty, they'll never get another chance to make it right with me. Fornicate them and the horse they rode in on!

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
              Good thing I bought the Extended Warranty......looks like I'm gonna need it because Best Buy won't stand behind the products they sell.
              They are standing by the product by repairing it, right?

What does the warranty paperwork or extended warranty say?

I'm guessing the guidelines for how these situations are handled are in the paperwork.

If you aren't happy with best buys handling of the situation maybe try contacting the manufacturer. Surely there is a manufacturer's warranty that would apply now. Down the road you will probably have to deal with best buys extended warranty policy.

Comment

They should rename the company Worst Buy

Comment

Just a matter of time for Best Buy. I predict they will go belly up within 5 years. Amazon has and will change the landscape for many of the brick and mortar stores.

Comment

Working...
                  X