Go Pro Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Go Pro Question

I do a lot of night hunting of hogs. My feeders all have lights at them, but they aren't really bright. Would a Go Pro take reasonable video in this situation?

I doubt it. Do you expect to have the gopro on the feeder or your bow/in your stand?

Comment

Casey--I could position it within about 10' of the feeder. Figured that being in the stand w/me would be a no-go.

Comment

After using mine for a year I've found that since they are so wide angle, you have to be really close to make a decent video or pic. And they don't have any sort of adjustments for lighting, exposure, etc so really low light is not gonna turn out well. But if you've got one, might as well try it.

I'm trying to attach the vid I did of the buck I arrowhead this year all done with GoPro. Buck was 24 yards (cropped and edited footage) and pic was maybe 4 feet away
        Attached Files

Comment

Next time I'm in the stand, I'll take a photo to show the relative darkness/light of my setup. That will give everyone an idea of how dark it is.

Comment

Been hog hunting at night with red light glad I didn't get a gopro/alternate. Guess you have to use camcorder? Just don't wanna spend a ton a money to film a hunt. Lemme know dustoffer if it works out ?

Comment

AJ--don't have one, but thought if it would work, I might try one. Y'all know how mad money in your pocket is-right?

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainRedbeard View Post
                After using mine for a year I've found that since they are so wide angle, you have to be really close to make a decent video or pic. And they don't have any sort of adjustments for lighting, exposure, etc so really low light is not gonna turn out well. But if you've got one, might as well try it.

I'm trying to attach the vid I did of the buck I arrowhead this year all done with GoPro. Buck was 24 yards (cropped and edited footage) and pic was maybe 4 feet away
                IMO, GoPro is more suitable as a secondary camera, for different POV, rather than primary camera. It's definitely not a low light camera. Because it has such a small sensor, there are noise issues even in decent light.
                My Flickr Photos

Comment

Thanks for the insight Michael much appreciated.
                  Sorry must of read wrong, thought you already had one dustoffer.

Comment

Better to have someone actually dedicated to filming. Some dslr's are amazing in low light conditions and record video pretty darn good.

Spectacular sensitivity — up to ISO 409600*, with wide dynamic range. Capturing your vision requires superior sensitivity to reveal the subtle nuances of a s...

Comment

Originally posted by Henry View Post
                      Better to have someone actually dedicated to filming. Some dslr's are amazing in low light conditions and record video pretty darn good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVLBHMbRMW4
                      I've had my eye on that one, although technically it's considered a "mirrorless" and not DSLR. It's pricey, though!
                      My Flickr Photos

Comment

Working...
                      X