Rebel XTI Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rebel XTI Problem

i have a digital xti. my problem is with the flash. when i try and use the flash it says its busy. if i keep trying it says shooting is not possible replace battery. sometimes it does work though.
    anybody know what i should do? its over my head.

Happened once. Turned it off and back on. It then worked fine.

Comment

its been happening for awhile now. i wish it were that simple.

Comment

Sometimes you just have to send it in for service unless a new body is less. One thing about the digital bodies, mucho electronics.

Comment

It has happened to me a couple of times I just turn it off then back on and no problem, I was hoping someone could explain why this happens

Comment

This was done out of design and no fault of your XTI. Apparently the Canon engineers put a throttle on the flash, which drains battery juice, so it's regulated and you have to wait for the onboard capacitor to rebuild electrical charge. The onboard flash uses a capacitor to store electrical energy. Between flashes, the capacitor drains down, which in turn needs to be recharged by the onboard battery to do so. That is where the Canon design team decided to put a little wait between flashes as the capacitor is recharged....keeps battery drain in check.

The work around, simply push the flash hood back down between shots and it will jump up again and flash. It will drain your battery quicker but it by-passes the capacitor recharge state...not cool but thats all you have. The other option is external flash, using the hotshoe mount on top.

I don't have that problem with my XT. The XTI was where the Canon engineers stuck that flash wait feature in.
            Last edited by AtTheWall; 04-24-2008, 09:31 AM.

Comment

just buy a separate flash. I hate the flashes that come with the canons.

Comment

Working...
              X