No announcement yet.

So, who is NOT ready?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought I was, right up until the arrow went over the pig this morning........then I re-evaluated. I ain't ready for prime time !

Comment

I haven't shot since last year. Going Monday to fix my stands and refill some feeders. I'm moving my stand to 20. I'll be ready lol

Comment

I'm ready to rock as we keep all of our stuff going 24/7/365. Lots of hogs, so there is always hunting available.

Comment

My string is still sitting with 60X strings, my bow is in pieces.... lol

Comment

Nowhere close to being ready. Took my bow out of it's case for the first time in a year the other day

Comment

Harvey didn't flood my lease, but it kept us from going to fill feeders and tweak blinds... Gotta try to find a weekend between now and then to get that stuff situated so that we will actually be able to hunt when we are finally able to take time off and head up there.

Comment

Not even close. I don't know where the time went.

Comment

I'm normally always ready since I hunt all year but Harvey has screwed me. My lease was under 10ft of water. I was finally able to make it out to my lease yesterday and all 9 of my 1000# feeders got flooded. I got most the moldy corn out of 5 of them but 2 of them are still in 3+ feet of water. Had 2 tree's fall that had stands in them and had 2 platform stands blown over. 3 feeder lids blown off and and 2 tripods crushed by falling tree's. All 10 of my feeder lights were flooded and ruined. Gonna take me some time to get all set back up. Luckily enough I parked my Polaris Ranger just high enough it didn't get flooded.

Comment

I should be, but I'm not. I have feeders and stands ready on a new lease, but there are several other things I wanted to have accomplished that I have not gotten around to doing. I have a few more weekends to try to knock 'em out.

Comment

Originally posted by bearintex View Post
                      You'd be surprised how fast they come back. My area was under 3-4' of water for almost 2 weeks and I saw a bunch of deer there yesterday, just 4 days after the water dropped.
                      Yep, I've been hunting a area for many years that floods and as soon as the water goes off the property the animals are back. My place was under 10ft of water from Harvey and the water finally receded of the property on Sunday and I already saw several deer and many hog tracks and rooting on Tuesday.

Comment

I am not ready. Too much been going on. Going to try and pick up my feeder I bought in May and get it up and running. My niece is getting married on the the 6th of October so probably won't hunt the opener anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by sambo73 View Post
                          Dude, whats up with your bow? id be happy to hunt your spot til you are ready
                          Wel I got a new rest that doesn't fit, but I took my other rest off and cut the pull rope off it. Plus it will need re-sighiting and slight tune. And I need batteries for mysight light.

I would say have at itbut there is not a chair in it and the battery I'd probably dead . I haven't checked cards in a few weeks and there may not be anything to shoot

Plus I had planned on building a platform out of an old hay ring to raise my blind up about 3' and that hasn't happened yet either

Comment

Originally posted by BBReezen View Post
                            Wel I got a new rest that doesn't fit, but I took my other rest off and cut the pull rope off it. Plus it will need re-sighiting and slight tune. And I need batteries for mysight light.

I would say have at itbut there is not a chair in it and the battery I'd probably dead . I haven't checked cards in a few weeks and there may not be anything to shoot

Plus I had planned on building a platform out of an old hay ring to raise my blind up about 3' and that hasn't happened yet either

Thats why i shoot a wb rest[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I feed year round so thats a non issue but I need to get up there this weekend to cut some limbs, put out a pop-up, and pull the cards and hope I see something encouraging on 'em for a change because up to this point I haven't seen anything head turning. Praying for rain soon so the wheat fields around us will go to work and draw in some of the big boys like they usually do.

Comment

I haven't finished building the Bronco, and I promised Mrs that I would before bow season.

I need to hurry

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately...

Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Working...
                                X