“Ghost” 10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

“Ghost” 10

The whitetail deer never cease to amaze me.

There’s a cool story with this buck that just adds a whole lot to the excitement I have with this deer.

Here’s a few recent pics of him at my Alfalfa feeder and at my corn feeder...

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0295.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	60.2 KB
ID:	25154070

Name:	IMG_0298.jpg
Size:	43.5 KB
ID:	25154071

Name:	IMG_0297.jpg
Size:	61.7 KB
ID:	25154072

Name:	IMG_0299.jpg
Size:	61.7 KB
ID:	25154073

Name:	IMG_0300.jpg
Size:	59.6 KB
ID:	25154074

Name:	IMG_0306.jpg
Size:	78.9 KB
ID:	25154075

Name:	IMG_0303.jpg
Size:	74.9 KB
ID:	25154076

Name:	IMG_0305.jpg
Size:	77.0 KB
ID:	25154077

Name:	IMG_0307.jpg
Size:	79.4 KB
ID:	25154078

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That frame! Very nice.

Comment

Beautiful buck!

Comment

Awesome buck!

Sent from my LG-M327 using Tapatalk

Comment

Stud! What’s the story on him?

Comment

Great buck, but what is the story? Do you think he is related to buck in your avatar? There is similarity in his brow tines.

Comment

I suspect you will have LDP on opening day or your first hunt....which ever comes first.

A stud for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Jcjohnson View Post
                Stud! What’s the story on him?
                Short story...

I’ve called him a “New 10” since 2015...Not recognizing that he’s the same buck.
                I thought he was a 4 year old every year, even again in 2017 and again up until a few weeks ago. Lol

It finally hit me when his rack this year resembled his rack back in 2015.
                2017 I was guessing mid 40’s with about a 5” fork off his left G2.

I started looking for body making and found a white spot above his jaw but below his eye(so it’s located right in the middle) on his left side. He also has a scar on his left ear bud and his dark nose coloring all matches him going back to 2015. Along with other matches on his rack and his look.
                So, I just figured out who he was.

I lost a lot of pics from earlier years so I haven’t been able to find him in 2014.

I noticed him on camera a few months ago before his velvet had grown much and he was skin and bones. I’m not sure if he’ll make it out if this year.

I’ve never seen him in person but he’s he’s been at this feeder area the whole time since. He does disappear off camera later and gets spotty after October into November.

This may be my best chance to chase him this year.
                He’s gets pushed off the feeder by the other bucks but he’s there a lot in the day before the deer start showing up.

So basically, he has tricked me every year. Lol

Comment

Here’s a pic from 8/04/18 that kinda shows his old age little better.

Name:	IMG_0280.jpg
Size:	48.0 KB
ID:	24548205

Comment

Originally posted by Bone Thug View Post
                    Short story...

I’ve called him a “New 10” since 2015...Not recognizing that he’s the same buck.
                    I thought he was a 4 year old every year, even again in 2017 and again up until a few weeks ago. Lol

It finally hit me when his rack this year resembled his rack back in 2015.
                    2017 I was guessing mid 40’s with about a 5” fork off his left G2.

I started looking for body making and found a white spot above his jaw but below his eye(so it’s located right in the middle) on his left side. He also has a scar on his left ear bud and his dark nose coloring all matches him going back to 2015. Along with other matches on his rack and his look.
                    So, I just figured out who he was.

I lost a lot of pics from earlier years so I haven’t been able to find him in 2014.

I noticed him on camera a few months ago before his velvet had grown much and he was skin and bones. I’m not sure if he’ll make it out if this year.

I’ve never seen him in person but he’s he’s been at this feeder area the whole time since. He does disappear off camera later and gets spotty after October into November.

This may be my best chance to chase him this year.
                    He’s gets pushed off the feeder by the other bucks but he’s there a lot in the day before the deer start showing up.

So basically, he has tricked me every year. Lol
                    He don't look to be in too bad of shape.
                    I had one much, much skinnier in April. Just saw him last week and he looked pretty healthy. He bounced back!!!
                    How old do you figure this one is, now that you recognized him?

Comment

Originally posted by Wellborn Papa View Post
                      Great buck, but what is the story? Do you think he is related to buck in your avatar? There is similarity in his brow tines.
                      I don’t think he is but anything is possible.

His week side kinda resembles the big 9 I killled in 2015. But other than that he pretty much has had his own look that changes a bit from year to year.

Comment

Not sure if you have a pellet feeder there, but he looks to me like he could use a weeks worth of wormer pellets.

Comment

Originally posted by bukkskin View Post
                          He don't look to be in too bad of shape.

I had one much, much skinnier in April. Just saw him last week and he looked pretty healthy. He bounced back!!!

How old do you figure this one is, now that you recognized him?

I’m not real sure on age now but looking back to 2015 I can see a little more clear now.
                          I’m thinking he was old back then.

But if he was a 4.5-5.5 then I can’t see him being below 7.5 to 8.5.
                          I’m thinking older though.

He’s down on his rack this year. 2017 was his best rack that I could tell or see.

Here’s a few pics from August of 2015 of him.

Name:	IMG_3634.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	91.9 KB
ID:	24548209

Name:	IMG_3635.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	79.4 KB
ID:	24548210

Name:	IMG_3735.jpg
Size:	62.1 KB
ID:	24548211

Comment

Originally posted by bukkskin View Post
                            Not sure if you have a pellet feeder there, but he looks to me like he could use a weeks worth of wormer pellets.

I do, it’s a 1000lb All Season Gravity.
                            It’s on the left side of the hay feeder out of the picture.

Comment

Good luck on him amigo!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X