This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OldRiverRat View Post
    700lbs is a LOT OF WEIGHT! You start seeing bones break at some point and you just don’t risk knowing how high a guy can go. If you can squat 700lbs I’m saying “you’re good, Rackem”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Don't disagree, just seemed odd to me that they only have one guy get to that number. I like TCU's strength guy but I think he also pushes the limit and has led to more injuries than normal in a couple of recent years.

Comment

I think you are wrong on number of college football players that can squat 700 or more pounds. And certainly not by a WR. Have any links?

Comment

TCU's 'Strong Man Competition' in the Spring is open to the public. I know there were at least 3 others. Ty Summers was one. Don't recall the other two off the top of my head.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think there are a ton of guys in CFB that achieve those numbers. But in the games I've seen first hand, Texas typically has a lot more physical guys than schools like TCU, OKState, etc. I just found it interesting and don't remember hearing a lot on the previous strength guy. I was just curious if that was part of the equation over the past few years with Texas' situation?

Comment

A quick google says that 700 lbs is a big deal. Not many go over.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
            A quick google says that 700 lbs is a big deal. Not many go over.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
            It most certainly is. I wasn't trying to make light of it, just curious

Comment

Forgot to give a shout out to my hometown team.......Southwestern Pirates! If anyone is coming to Georgetown and wants to catch a game give me a shout. It’s a ton of fun watching these young men develop and crack skulls.

Comment

If you know the S&C coach's name, something is probably wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
                  https://247sports.com/college/tcu/Ar...-10-120045101/

TCU's 'Strong Man Competition' in the Spring is open to the public. I know there were at least 3 others. Ty Summers was one. Don't recall the other two off the top of my head.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think there are a ton of guys in CFB that achieve those numbers. But in the games I've seen first hand, Texas typically has a lot more physical guys than schools like TCU, OKState, etc. I just found it interesting and don't remember hearing a lot on the previous strength guy. I was just curious if that was part of the equation over the past few years with Texas' situation?

Your link doesn’t really show anything about squats. Who is the WR that lifted 780lbs?

Comment

Originally posted by bigbad243 View Post
                    Your link doesn’t really show anything about squats. Who is the WR that lifted 780lbs?
                    If you read the article, it states that Jaelan Austin(WR) squatted 780lbs.

Comment

Originally posted by SoTXAg06 View Post
                      They typically have one or two night games a year. With both being ranked, it wouldn’t surprise me if it is a night game.

I was in the stands for this game. The video really doesn’t do it justice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Absolutely crazy environment! I get goosebumps every time I watch the Hokie fan base lose their minds when “Enter Sandman” hits the speakers. Can you imagine what the other team is thinking/feeling?

Comment

The UT player is sophomore linebacker Marqez Bimage to squat 700# in the most recent video. Going over 700 is definitely a big deal.

I think there is a player on Nebraska's team who did 750+ for 3 reps or something like that. I haven't seen that video though. That's crazy strong there!

Comment

Squatting 700+ is a lot. Sadly, it doesn't make you able to be good at football....just strong.

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
                            Squatting 700+ is a lot. Sadly, it doesn't make you able to be good at football....just strong.
                            Thanks Nostradamus...

Comment

Originally posted by rubi513 View Post
                              thanks nostradamus...
                              lol!

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
                                I was hanging out with a buddy of mine last night that is a UT alum. We always end up talking about football. He started talking about the strength coach and was pretty excited about some kid squatting 700lbs(defensive lineman I think?)
                                While 700lbs is certainly a ton of weight, I was shocked there wasn't more players on the squad that were lifting that. Heck, TCU has a WR that squats 780lbs right now and several players in the '700 club'. Was the previous strength coach that bad?
                                The kid that hit 7 bills was a new max for him and it was after an extensive run. There are 33 kids on the squad that can back squat over 500 and the average increase during the off season was a touch over 70 pounds per kid.

There are kids that can squat over 700.

Yancy has them looking the part, lets see if they can play...
                                Last edited by Chad C; 08-06-2018, 06:41 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X