Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can Dealership sell vehicle without a title?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can Dealership sell vehicle without a title?

Bought a used F150 for my son on Friday night. Did all the paperwork Friday night and paid in full with a Cashier's check Saturday morning (the dealership cashed the check Monday AM). Went to pick up the truck Saturday afternoon (after cleaning) and they said they were waiting on a co-signature (from the guy who traded in the truck and bought a new vehicle from the dealership).

Here it is Tuesday, and they still don't have the correct paper signed.

The dealership sold me the truck Friday night without a clear title. Can they legally do this? The service manager today said they can and do all the time?!

They may do it all the time but I dont think they can do that legally. I would also be wanting some compensation from them for each day this drags on any you cant drive YOUR vehicle that YOU paid for.

Comment

If you paid already tell them you want a loaner truck until they get your paperwork straightened out.

Also, make sure your truck is still on the lot and not sold or damaged. A co worker had this happened to a truck he was supposed to pick up. They ran it through the car wash, the driver turned to sharp and smashed the whole passenger side on a post. They were going to fix it, co worker demanded a new truck and got it.

Comment

Legally- No and I know a few salesman that got jail time for it

Comment

do you have the truck? its going to take several weeks for the title to be transferred into your name so why sweat it?

Comment

Hope ya didn’t buy from Reager Dykes...

Comment

Not sure about the legal aspect, but it is done every day. AS a credit union, dealers don't get paid till they get all paperwork transferred.

Comment

Very normal. Don’t sweat it

Comment

Dallas dodge?

Comment

Originally posted by ColinR View Post
                    Dallas dodge?
                    ?

Comment

I know one time my nephew took his truck that was registered to my brother to "look" at new trucks. They ended up taking it on trade because he told them his dad wouldn't care and would come sign the title later.

Comment

Working...
                      X