• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1016.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	68.6 KB
ID:	24575165
    Got a little fishing gear haul in today, some lures I’ve never tried before. Heard good things about trout support so I got two packs, also I ordered two click bait shrimps from buggs and after going back and forth in messages with the owner he sent me a free loco bugg without me even knowing. Can’t wait to get on the water and test them out!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Lot of people swear by the Trout Support lures, and it’s probably the second biggest seller at my shop. I’ve tried them and only ever caught a few reds.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
        Lot of people swear by the Trout Support lures, and it’s probably the second biggest seller at my shop. I’ve tried them and only ever caught a few reds.
        I need to try them we fish a lot of floating grass in the summer. Do y’all have an online shop?

Comment

This is the lure I’m looking forward to trying out.

Comment

Those Trout Support lures are for real. I've used them for over a year and they flat out catch trout in the winter. I throw the Birthday Suit color a lot in East Matagorda. Those Controlled Descent lures I'm using on a Carolina Rig for Bass.

Comment

Trout support lures are the cat's meow. There is a little learning curve with them. I finally had to leave everything at home and force myself to just throw them to "learn" em, but when I did it was game on.

Been doing a little flounder gigging the last couple of nights, not much for size but have been seeing a lot of fish. Mostly 10"-14" fish. Water has been super clear, 2'-3' visibility. Haven't taken any pics of my fish, always forget that part.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Comment

Phillip, I know you have a lot of floating grass from time to time, and I'm here to tell ya, that TS Grasswalker is THE best thing I've ever used fishing skinny water with a lot of grass! The one trip we were able to make to the Chandeleur's last year was late summer and the grass was really bad. I was the only one who had any of these lures... I fished them weedless with a 5/0 Owner screw lock hook and had virtually NO issues with grass and I caught reds pretty steady with 'em. Year before, we were fishing on the outside and the trout really liked a slow retrieve. Because I could fish the Grasswalker almost like a weightless worm for bass, I was catching 2:1 over everyone else... for out trip this year, everyone of my buddies has a sack full of 'em. They are indeed for real. You owe it to yourself to give 'em a good go and like someone else posted, after you learn how to fish 'em, they'll be one of your favorites.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                  This is the lure I’m looking forward to trying out.

I follow them on instagram and they catch a lot of fish, haven’t tried them myself yet.

Comment

Originally posted by LivinADream View Post
                    Trout support lures are the cat's meow. There is a little learning curve with them. I finally had to leave everything at home and force myself to just throw them to "learn" em, but when I did it was game on.

Been doing a little flounder gigging the last couple of nights, not much for size but have been seeing a lot of fish. Mostly 10"-14" fish. Water has been super clear, 2'-3' visibility. Haven't taken any pics of my fish, always forget that part.

How do you fish them? So I can have an idea when I go out my first time.

Comment

Originally posted by Jmsck12 View Post
                      How do you fish them? So I can have an idea when I go out my first time.

Alot like a corky or most any suspended bait. The hookset I guess is what took getting used to. Since the hook isn't actually exposed, it's more like setting the hook bass fishing tx style. (best I can come up with)

Comment

You’re going to make me give that night fishing a shot. Lol
                        I keep saying that also. My only issue is other boats and skeeters at the ramp. Id prolly have 23 chem lights attached to my head to prevent getting run over

Comment

2019 Saltwater Fishing Thread

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                          I keep saying that also. My only issue is other boats and skeeters at the ramp. Id prolly have 23 chem lights attached to my head to prevent getting run over

Id get one of those flashing vests I see the bicyclists wearing. Lol. I didn’t even think about skeeters.

Comment

Where’s your shop?

Comment

He's in Bay City... great guy too as well!

Shop is Salt Swag.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon-Paul View Post
                                It will come down to what type of fishing you are wanting to do. Out of those 3 if I wanted something that could fish in the marsh and in the bay during some chop it would be in this order Shoalwater, El P and Illusion.

If I wanted shallow water with the option to go in bay without much chop Illusion first.
                                What edge would you say the Shoalwater has over the EP?

Comment

Working...
                                X