Flooding in Lubbock and east

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flooding in Lubbock and east

It’s pretty bad here. Water all over the roads some cars off the road saw some houses flooded too. Be careful if driving in this area

From the looks of the forecast it ain't over yet. I was looking at the severe weather outlook for the next few days and looks like y'all are in the crosshairs. Stay safe !

Comment

I just looked at the radar for that area, looks like a big nasty one just moved through. Stay safe.

Comment

Dang, stay safe .

Comment

I live in Idalou but work out near the airport. Hwy 114 is down to one lane in many areas. I've driven that highway for 30 years and have never seen that amount of water across the road. Regis street from 114 all the way out to the jail was completely covered in water. I left my house at 1820 and was surprised to see 2x4's floating in my front yard. The forecast's say we're not done.
          Thank you so much for the rain dear Lord, but please keep us all safe.

Comment

The courtyard at our church flooded, seeped into the sanctuary a bit. We pumped approx 37,000 gallons of water out of there this evening.

Great moisture for planting season, but going to be a while before they can get a tractor in a field

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
              The courtyard at our church flooded, seeped into the sanctuary a bit. We pumped approx 37,000 gallons of water out of there this evening.

Great moisture for planting season, but going to be a while before they can get a tractor in a field
              Most of them better already have it in the ground by now. Those that don't are probably going to regret it and those that do will be sittin' pretty.

Comment

On a side note, I had another officer tell me that half of Ralls is under water. Can't confirm that yet, but I do know that Lorenzo, Ralls, Crosbyton and Cone got absolutely hammered with rain yesterday and today.

I spoke with a gentleman that runs cattle out near East Afton and he informed me since May 1st he's had over 12 inches of rain according to the gage on his pens.

Comment

Originally posted by CaprockRoamer View Post
                  Most of them better already have it in the ground by now. Those that don't are probably going to regret it and those that do will be sittin' pretty.
                  June 5th is the longest day of the year

On a side note, I had another officer tell me that half of Ralls is under water. Can't confirm that yet, but I do know that Lorenzo, Ralls, Crosbyton and Cone got absolutely hammered with rain yesterday and today.

I spoke with a gentleman that runs cattle out near East Afton and he informed me since May 1st he's had over 12 inches of rain according to the gage on his pens.
                  East Afton ain’t a town that gets referred to often, even in these parts

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                    June 5th is the longest day of the year

Don't I Know it. The 3rd and the 4th ain't much shorter.

East Afton ain’t a town that gets referred to often, even in these parts
                    My avatar came from there. Had access to almost 50,000 acres in the area at one point in time. I'm now down to about 4000 east of there, and only about 500 back within 3 miles of Patton Springs. Some of my favorite country in the world.
                    Last edited by CaprockRoamer; 05-24-2019, 10:54 PM.

Comment

I ran up to the Shack for lunch yesterday, and ended up staying a while due to the torrential downpour. Bunch of farmers sitting at the bar complaining they hadn’t got it in the ground yet. They started rolling in as the rain started coming lol

Comment

There will be lots of acreage go into milo in the counties around Lubbock if it doesn't turn hot and windy in a hurry. With all this moisture bumper crops could result. With most of the Midwest flooded out grain prices should be solid this year as well. I hope this all happens. Geese will surely die if it does.

Comment

Originally posted by talltexasshoote View Post
                          There will be lots of acreage go into milo in the counties around Lubbock if it doesn't turn hot and windy in a hurry. With all this moisture bumper crops could result. With most of the Midwest flooded out grain prices should be solid this year as well. I hope this all happens. Geese will surely die if it does.
                          Geese, and Dove, and Quail, maybe even help Pheasant numbers.
                          The hail got all or most of the corn that was up between Shallowater and Abernathy.

pray for rain

Comment

Originally posted by bowtecmike View Post
                            Geese, and Dove, and Quail, maybe even help Pheasant numbers.
                            The hail got all or most of the corn that was up between Shallowater and Abernathy.

pray for rain
                            Young quail running around all over our lease already. Cover almost waist deep. If we can avoid the hail, it should be great.

Comment

Originally posted by talltexasshoote View Post
                              I won’t acknowledge this publicly, because almost everyone I know or live near farms or is in the farming industry... but you know where my heart is

Comment

Working...
                              X