Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do yall know about Laredo forage beans?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do yall know about Laredo forage beans?

Just bought some and not sure what I got? Spill the beans if you knw anything about them.

Forage type soybean best I recall. Should vine like cowpea and last till frost. May want to include something for them to trellis like sunflower or sunn hemp.

Comment

ok thanx elgato

Comment

Must not be a very popular bean.

If you have used them, did the deer like them, did they out grow the browse pressure, etc.

Comment

I planted some laredo soybeans as well for the first time...we will see how it turns out.

Comment

Gonna plant mine on Friday

Comment

Originally posted by elgato View Post
              Forage type soybean best I recall. Should vine like cowpea and last till frost. May want to include something for them to trellis like sunflower or sunn hemp.
              Yep. Small seed, drought tolerant and makes a bunch of forage. This will be my fourth year to plant them I believe. I plant with sunflowers. Deer seem to really like them. I’m planting in a pretty low density area and they can’t keep up with 3 acres. I had a picture I posted a few years ago but can’t seem to find it now, they would grow nearly over my head.

Comment

Planted some Laredo Forage beans on Friday, will see this Friday if the came up. I broadcast them right into a clover stand. Im excited to see what Forage beans do.

Comment

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
                  Planted some Laredo Forage beans on Friday, will see this Friday if the came up. I broadcast them right into a clover stand. Im excited to see what Forage beans do.
                  Exactly what I have
                  A crimson clover stand I want to add to
                  I probably won't find Laredo beans this weekend but I know they always have soybeans and purple hulls in stock
                  More than likely it'll be one of those

Oh and I already threw out 40lbs black oil sunflower seeds on Easter

Comment

Gonna check my Laredos tomorrow, 7 days in the ground.

Comment

They are really working well for us
                      Attached Files

Comment

Well, I am disappointed. My Laredos didn't sprout. Planted 8 days ago, with rain in the forecast. Not happy.

Yes! Darton, those look good.
                        Last edited by lovemylegacy; 05-18-2019, 04:56 PM.

Comment

Where are you purchasing your seed from

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Looked at my plots yesterday and since the last time I posted the Laredos have started coming up and are 4-6 inches high. Hope they do what they are supposed to do.

My big plot that has the Eagle Seed FB are doing very well, deer are browsing them and they are still about 12-14" high.

Comment

Originally posted by gtsticker View Post
                              Where are you purchasing your seed from

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              Specialty Seeds

Comment

Working...
                              X