No announcement yet.

Got my Property tax bill today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is what you get when you have a republican supermajority in the house that was elected promising no tax increase.

They still need to pay for schools and municipal tax, but since they can raise tax rates, they force counties to raise appraised value so they raise more money.

Then they can pay for things without technically raising taxes and they get re-elected.

It’s stupid and harmful.

Comment

My wife and I relocated from a 3,000 square foot home on a cul-de-sac' in Kingwood to a 50 acre farm with a 2000 sf house, 1000 separate office/mancave, barn, 2 car detatched, pool, stocked ponds all fenced, and my tax bill went down 60%, plus from $400+ electric to $180, from $250-350 water bill to NO water bill... My commute to my office increased by a net 20 minutes each way... But moved from 8 miles from my office to 36 miles... Yea, my cost of living went WAY down, and my stress level went down even further!! Praise the Lord!!

Comment

Originally posted by Voodoo View Post
        Its the liberal Texas way
        Unfortunately it isn't just Texas. You should have heard the conversation I had with a certain Assessor in Mississippi.

"You just want the value lowered so you don't have to pay as much!"

Well, uh....Yeah.

Comment

Increases in Bastrop County too, it never ends.

Comment

My assessed value went up 10% but taxes are frozen so no issue for me. Friend down the street had an 11% increase.

The previous superintendent spent $1.35 MILLION dollars on a video scoreboard, created a faux position for his wife at $100k per year, and then got bought out due to a sexual assault accusation against him.

Now our current board and superintendent have fielded a bond issue which includes $17.3 MILLION to rebuild the football stadium. It just amazes me what schools waste on football fields and let education struggle.
            Last edited by dustoffer; 04-29-2019, 07:25 PM.

Comment

My property in Robertson county just came in at a 19% increase.....going to fight this one.

Comment

My appraised value has increased 61.05% from 2014 to 2019.

out right highway robbery

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
                  My appraised value has increased 61.05% from 2014 to 2019.

out right highway robbery
                  My appraised value increased 210% just since last year...with no improvements.

Montgomery County is really starting to suck.

Comment

72% increase for me.

Comment

Got my Property tax bill today

.20 acre in Baton Rouge LA and a 2483 sq foot home. Property tax is around 3k but the state tax will eat you up. 25k with both combined plus 10% for city and state tax on all purchases.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Last edited by Black Ice; 05-06-2019, 10:58 PM.

Comment

I just had my hearing today and it’s no dice. My property was valued at 37k last year and it was appraised at 67k this year. I have 5.8 acres so I’m going the Beekeeper rout. When I told the appraiser that she said “now you do know I will be out there to check them every single years don’t you? Now do you really want me inspecting your property every year?” I took that as a subtle threat. Not sure how else to take it. She was bring a real “Bee” !!

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnyart View Post

No way to fight it because I'd have to devalue my property way too far to make any difference. I guess the upside is when I sell it'll be a tidy profit but dang it's getting painful to pay!

"Danged if ya do, danged if ya don't"
                          That is no upside. Land, guns, coins, 7.3 PS are gonna bring what people are willing to pay. I fight them every year. This year I hired O'Connor and Associates......we'll see how they do.

Comment

Hard to do much till they value it for MORE than it is actually worth....

Comment

Had my hearing in Bexar county this week. The appraisal district initially raised my value by $77K. I was able to get a $22K reduction, but that still means I will eat a $55K increase on my home’s value in 2019 if things stand as they are now.

I will pay the $450 to take the appraisal district to binding arbitration. I will wait until the last day to file for BA. This gives the appraisal district the least time to prepare.

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                                That is no upside. Land, guns, coins, 7.3 PS are gonna bring what people are willing to pay. I fight them every year. This year I hired O'Connor and Associates......we'll see how they do.
                                So you hired a firm to represent you? If you don’t mind me asking pm me what that’s going to run you. I got hosed yesterday. It was total BS

Comment

Working...
                                X