Old Sabine WMA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Old Sabine WMA

Is this place a “type 2” WMA? Or draw only? My lease owner kicked us off this week because he hit gold with fracking minerals and going to be running heavy equipment throughout the year. So I’m in a scramble trying to find places to hunt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Looks like it is, thanks

Comment

Yeah it's a public WMA. It's only closed fitting the season for people that won a drawn hunt. This is my first year hunting there, it looks loaded with game.

Comment

River is way up and the rest looks like this.
          Attached Files

Comment

Seen it when there’s no water, and seen it closed for most of the season because there’s too much water. It’s thick, wet, and chalk full of mosquitos, and is the postcard picture of river bottom. Also seen it get incredibly crowded over the past 4-5 years. Stupid crowded.

Comment

I tried calling the office to see if they were closed and go zero answer in the past days, trying to see if it’s too wet to go

Comment

The only thing it's going to be open for right now is archery hunting for deer and pigs. I guarantee it's going to be a wet mess too. Plan on walking in the water more than you're out of it.

Comment

That’s all I’m wanting to do, I haven’t hunted at all this year, just being in the woods hunting somewhere will be nice

Comment

Good luck hunting. It will be closed this weekend for a drawn hunt.

Comment

I’ll be hunting tomorrow morning, is their available campsites?

Comment

According to their Facebook page, the main gate is still closed so no camping is available.

Comment

Hunted North yesterday, Wet, Wet, and wet. 1804 had road closed signs up and small amount over the road. With the rain last night, will have more water over the road.
                          P. S., PO PO has been watching for people driving around signs. As they should, not a good practice.

Comment

Originally posted by White Falcon View Post
                            Hunted North yesterday, Wet, Wet, and wet. 1804 had road closed signs up and small amount over the road. With the rain last night, will have more water over the road.
                            P. S., PO PO has been watching for people driving around signs. As they should, not a good practice.
                            And the GW, as well . . Someone trashed the barricades and "road closed" signs . . They ****** . .

Comment

So basically it’s not hunt-able lol?

Comment

Working...
                              X