No announcement yet.

Youth Weekend Thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good luck to all!!! I'll be out with my 9 year old trying to get his first deer, hopefully a big doe. Weather looks to be great this weekend!

Comment

My 13yr old daughter and I will be heading to our lease in Childress on Friday morning. I havent been out there since labor day weekend so we are getting there early to check our stands for wasps, check feeders and possibly do a little weedeating due to all the rain.
      She has shot a ram and 2 does and this year she is hoping to connect on a buck!

I will be returning with my 9yr old son the first following weekend that he doesn't have a playoff game and I'm not on call. We will be trying to get him a pig which will be his first big game kill.

Good luck to everybody!

Comment

Originally posted by Bowtech Lefty View Post
        Good luck to all!!! I'll be out with my 9 year old trying to get his first deer, hopefully a big doe. Weather looks to be great this weekend!
        Good luck to you and your son!! Maybe a nice buck will sneak in!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Shake N' Bake View Post
          My 13yr old daughter and I will be heading to our lease in Childress on Friday morning. I havent been out there since labor day weekend so we are getting there early to check our stands for wasps, check feeders and possibly do a little weedeating due to all the rain.

I will be returning with my 9yr old son the first following weekend that he doesn't have a playoff game and I'm not on call. We will be trying to get him a pig which will be his first big game kill.

Good luck to everybody!
          Good luck to your daughter. Weather is looking perfect, hopefully they'll be moving!

Comment

I will be in Gonzales taking my 7 y o we have a big 5 point on cam I hope he showes it will be a great weekend regardless paw paw and little brother will be there as well the weather looks great good luck to all the kiddos

Comment

Originally posted by captardvark View Post
              I will be in Gonzales taking my 7 y o we have a big 5 point on cam I hope he showes it will be a great weekend regardless paw paw and little brother will be there as well the weather looks great good luck to all the kiddos
              Good luck and post pics of her and that 5 pt!! Fingers crossed for her!!

Comment

Good luck Tobin! Hope she gets one! Found out this morning that Jacob drew a tyhp hunt around Ballinger in a couple weeks so he'll be holding out til then.

We're MLD and the bucks are chasing here so more interested in having momma in the blind than the kiddos. They'll be plenty entertained though, be staying at Splashway's campgrounds for their Halloween weekend. (about a mile from our lease)

Originally posted by Shake N' Bake View Post

Good luck to everybody!

Comment

My oldest daughter hunted her last youth hunt last year so unless one of my younger girls decides to take up hunting we're in for general season and muzzleloader only

Comment

Originally posted by Kelmat View Post
                    My oldest daughter hunted her last youth hunt last year so unless one of my younger girls decides to take up hunting we're in for general season and muzzleloader only
                    Yea we have this season and next then that's it. I'm gonna enjoy the heck out of the next 2 years, kinda sad too knowing her youth time is almost to an end.

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                      Yea we have this season and next then that's it. I'm gonna enjoy the heck out of the next 2 years, kinda sad too knowing her youth time is almost to an end.

Same here with my daughter, but my son is only 8 so we have a few more left, but i aint taking anything for granted tho!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by sambo73 View Post
                        Same here with my daughter, but my son is only 8 so we have a few more left, but i aint taking anything for granted tho!!!!

Oh you've got many years left! That early season makes all the difference where we hunt!

Comment

Originally posted by OleTomTalker View Post
                          Good luck Tobin! Hope she gets one! Found out this morning that Jacob drew a tyhp hunt around Ballinger in a couple weeks so he'll be holding out til then.

We're MLD and the bucks are chasing here so more interested in having momma in the blind than the kiddos. They'll be plenty entertained though, be staying at Splashway's campgrounds for their Halloween weekend. (about a mile from our lease)
                          Thanks buddy! Good luck! My daughter had a bad experience with one of the moms she had to bunk with at her TYHP hunt and she's not real fired up about applying for anymore. So we will just be going to the lease for now.

Comment

My 8 yo will be after her first buck behind the house this weekend.
                            Two targets in mind. Shooting a CVA .243 & low recoil ammo. She shoots it as well or better than me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Hix View Post
                              My 8 yo will be after her first buck behind the house this weekend.
                              Two targets in mind. Shooting a CVA .243 & low recoil ammo. She shoots it as well or better than me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                              Good luck to y'all Cody! Man I wish mine was 8 again!! Good times!

Comment

Good luck to everybodys kiddos!! Post up pics!

Comment

Working...
                                X