2018 TPWD Draw Hunts - let the fun begin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TxBowHntr View Post
    I was drawn! Elephant Mountain WMA Rifle Mule Deer, 1/1-1/4. Does anyone have any experience with this hunt? Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks!
    Congrats!!!

Comment

0 for 22 skunked again. I'll draw something one day......maybe.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Anybody hunt Nilgai on the lower RG Teniete unit? I drew!!pm me please for some info to share

Comment

Pending second for me on all. Though I'll go try standby on a few when the final failure notice drops.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

I was drawn! Elephant Mountain WMA Rifle Mule Deer, 1/1-1/4. Does anyone have any experience with this hunt? Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Color yourself fortunate...gold I guess? That's awesome man, that was one I was hoping for. Sierra Diablo was my unicorn this year. Long shot at a Texas elk would have been worth the trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Pending 2nd draw on 4 today. Puts me at 2-23 for the year.

Comment

I'm pending second draw on all but some waterfowl that haven't drawn from the 1st. We got three hunts this year so I can't complain. But we didn't even get squirrel...who signs up for squirrel? Well we can go hunt them anyway in one of the national forests. Congrats to all who drew today.

Comment

I’m going to need some of y’all to pass up on your draws from today. I had 9 draws today and all are pending 2nd draw........help a guy out!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jdunn6092 View Post
                    I’m going to need some of y’all to pass up on your draws from today. I had 9 draws today and all are pending 2nd draw........help a guy out!!!!

I beat you to that one. You'll need to include a good sob story, beer, or threat's of hunting hexes placed. Currently I'm working on hacking the draw system...oops, did I say that out loud?

I noticed some are switching to not selected very quick. Winners aren't taking chances.

I still say I like the Wyoming system better. I've know my points so I can feel pretty good about drawing a particular unit

Comment

Originally posted by jnd1959 View Post
                      I'm pending second draw on all but some waterfowl that haven't drawn from the 1st. We got three hunts this year so I can't complain. But we didn't even get squirrel...who signs up for squirrel? Well we can go hunt them anyway in one of the national forests. Congrats to all who drew today.
                      LOLOL, it would never cross my mind to apply for that, thats what they get for putting these hunts on the world wide web

Comment

0-35 this year on draws. I had 17 points for Whitetail and a minimum of 5 on every other catagory. I haven’t been drawn in 3 years and apply for this many every year.

Comment

Originally posted by jnd1959 View Post
                          I actually signed up and drew squirrel at Big Lake Bottom. I haven't hunted them for years but recently retired and have some time now. I've got a good deer lease but it doesnt have squirrels so i figured why not. I also drew Gualdalupe state park on a gun hunt and hoping to see some exotics. Im looking forward to both!

Comment

That will be a great hunt! Congratulations!

Comment

Originally posted by doug View Post
                              I actually signed up and drew squirrel at Big Lake Bottom. I haven't hunted them for years but recently retired and have some time now. I've got a good deer lease but it doesnt have squirrels so i figured why not. I also drew Gualdalupe state park on a gun hunt and hoping to see some exotics. Im looking forward to both!
                              So you took my son's squirrel slot!
                              Really, congratulations. Have fun. I only signed us up to force me to set a date to go. We've talked about it for a couple of years. I just need to make it happen.

Comment

So if you get drawn for a hunt through TPWD, do you have to have any sort of Public Hunting Permit? I have never hunted Public land in Texas. Thanks in advance.

Comment

Working...
                                X