No announcement yet.

Official Lake Whintney and Aquilla 2016-2017 hunting thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody having luck with turkeys this season?

Comment

How did the fishin and hog killin go mike?

Comment

Originally posted by Danny46 View Post
        Anybody having luck with turkeys this season?
        I still haven't gotten to go yet hope to get out there soon

Comment

Originally posted by justindfw View Post
          How did the fishin and hog killin go mike?
          I changed the signature in my android to the one below. Got tired of the "sent from my galaxy " thing.

So haven't hog hunted since Feb. But got 27 jug lines soaking right now. Been hard to catch bait till Hushpuppy Man got here. On his 3rd throw had plenty of shad for this evening and tomorrow. Got a few cats. And lost a good one to a submerged tree using fresh shad and cut perch.

Fish are bite-n. And there's hogs to be kilt. Gotta go!

Comment

Got jugs soaking tonight too. Then heading home. I've got plenty of sandbass and crappie already in the freezer. Needed to do something different.

Fish are bite-n. And there's hogs to be kilt. Gotta go!

Comment

Cats are biteing. You just have to find them. I re-baited almost every jug this morning with live perch or shad. I just didn't catch anything worth talking about. Bunch of bait robbers, unless you like smaller cats . Had every one of my live perch stolen. And every hook stripped of shad when I pulled them up at noon today. People next to me had a pretty good mess of 3lb catfish and were having a fish fry this evening. I got invited. But I was there for the peace and quite. They were expecting 20 or so people.

Comment

Wife and I are out at Chisholm trail hoping for a big one. Caught plenty of bait with the cast net now we just need something to bite it

Comment

Ender, you using jug lines, trot lines, or rod and reel?

Comment

Originally posted by Ender View Post
                    Wife and I are out at Chisholm trail hoping for a big one. Caught plenty of bait with the cast net now we just need something to bite it
                    Lucky you , I'm working long days for awhile since I can't get out.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                      Ender, you using jug lines, trot lines, or rod and reel?
                      Rod and reel. I leave for work tomorrow so don't have time for all the other stuff. Not getting any real bites so far. Can hear a gobbler not to far away though, I tried calling him but he only answered a few times I may not be very good at calling lol I've never been able to see one to test my calling on

Comment

Good luck to ya. Catch a monster!

Comment

We none of you guys are near me so I headed to GAS MONKEY here in Dallas. Having a beer with North Texas Jeep Club.

Comment

Quiet in here

Comment

Originally posted by justindfw View Post
                              quiet in here

[ATTACH]852674[/ATTACH]

LOL! Just kidding.

Comment

Sorry Mike didnt mean to wake you. I know you older gents like your naps. J/k

Comment

Working...
                                X