Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thoughts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you want to shoot heavier .224 bullets in an AR, the .224 Valkyrie is a great choice. If you want to shoot heavier .224 bullets in a bolt gun, a fast-twist .22-250 or .22-250 AI (or a few other things) is a much better choice.

LWD

Comment

Originally posted by LWD View Post
      If you want to shoot heavier .224 bullets in an AR, the .224 Valkyrie is a great choice. If you want to shoot heavier .224 bullets in a bolt gun, a fast-twist .22-250 or .22-250 AI (or a few other things) is a much better choice.

LWD

Hmm, what is I want to shoot it in a single shot.

By the way, Mike and I are talking about eating crawfish one day for lunch. You in for that?

Comment

I liked it as a screamer varmint round. I didn't know it was going to get pushed this hard on the lr side. From what i can tell pulling velocity #'s from jp and rifleshooter out of a 20" barrel (which i have no interest in having longer than on an ar) it's not gonna do anything the grendel wasn't already, with a lot less fpe. I guess i'd put one together if i got out calling more than i do. For the range or med game the grendel's here, theres barrels, theres ammo....why

The article itself and all it's wacky comparisons was kinda silly. So was mentioning it next to the creed it's not even close. I do think it could also be cool if you put it in a mini action like the howa.
        Last edited by TexMax; 02-25-2018, 11:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DFWPI View Post

By the way, Mike and I are talking about eating crawfish one day for lunch. You in for that?

For sure. Has to be after Tuesday though. Have a trial Tuesday.

LWD

Comment

A single shot? Are you a neanderthal?

LWD

Comment

A single shot? Are you a neanderthal?

LWD

Have to give them a chance LoL...

Truth be known, I may bowhunt a lot more this coming season. Get back to my roots....

Comment

Have to give them a chance LoL...

Truth be known, I may bowhunt a lot more this coming season. Get back to my roots....

This would require your actually coming to the lease and getting in a stand!

Comment

This would require your actually coming to the lease and getting in a stand!

True, very true.

But got that new bow waiting on me. I need you to either get me a big job, or sell your house so I can pay it out

Comment

I’ve got an extra mega billet upper and rail. I just built a Grendel and have been trying to decide what to do with it. 224 was an option. Just not sure I’d use it much.

Comment

I think I’m gonna build one. Still not completely sure why but I’m pretty sure I need one.

Comment

Had a thread a few days ago on this. If in an ar it's going to be hard to beat for a 22cal. If in a bolt gun (for me) it came down to the factory ammo issue. I wanted a 90gr 22cal factory option and this was it. Ftr I ended up getting a 22creed because my local gunsmith will sell me his reloaded ammo.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

ive been looking at this for my next AR. Not sure it really out does the Grendel for my needs (yotes and pigs at 400+), but I like the idea of a .22 cal pushing 90 grains. Actually I like that a lot for youngsters shooting their 1st deer

Comment

Working...
                          X