Lola Got Popped

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lola Got Popped

When I got home from running errands on Saturday (about 12:30 pm), Lola came running around the truck to greet me.
    I couldn't believe how swollen up her face was - probably 2 times normal.
    She was a bit less energetic than her 10 months lab normal self. But didn't seem in any pain.
    I sent a photo to a vet friend and he immediately diagnosed a copperhead bite. (Swelling, normal eyes, etc.).
    A few benadryl and 2 days later and she's back to normal today (back to swimming in the pool and chewing up stuff). Most of the sweeling is gone from her face and she has a saggy neck right now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Poor girl and glad to hear she's doing better

Comment

Dogs are a lot tougher than we are that's for sure.

Comment

Glad shes ok

Comment

glad she's ok

Comment

Poor pup, glad she is doing better.

Our dogs are small, the old mini-poodle loves to hunt and has killed a couple of snakes since we've lived here, but luckily so far nothing venomous. I worry what will happen if he comes across one.

Comment

She looks awful happy for a snake bit doggie! Glad she's doin better.

Comment

What are you supposed to do when your dog is bitten by a venomous snake other than give it Benadryl?

Comment

Originally posted by Fordnandez View Post
                  What are you supposed to do when your dog is bitten by a venomous snake other than give it Benadryl?
                  Take the collar off so they won't suffocate when their neck swells up.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a female pit bull that has been bitten twice already this year by copperheads. Swells her muzzle up just like that. But it has made a snake killing machine out of her. She hunts them down and kills them, she has killed 4 already this year. Snakes got the short end of the stick when they enraged her! The first two she killed were the ones that bit her, now she has learned to slip around until she can grab them in the middle, and when she does, get back, because she is going to sling snake guts everywhere!
                    Last edited by softpoint; 05-21-2018, 04:23 PM.

Comment

Glad she’s going to be okay.

Just a couple of Benadryl? Wow.

I know someone bitten in the ankle by a copperhead and she was in the hospital for what seemed like forever.

Comment

Originally posted by Outlaw_6 View Post
                        Just a couple of Benadryl? Wow.
                        My vet friend said 1 mg of Benadryl per pound and she is about 75 pounds. So, we gave her three 25 mg pills three times - about 1:30 pm on Sat., 8:00 pm on Sat., and 9 pm on Sunday.

Comment

Glad she is OK. Is she a Black Lab or a Charcoal? Good Looking dog.

Comment

Looks like she’s still a happy pup

Comment

good news

Comment

Working...
                              X