• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by justindfw View Post
    Time for some schedule 80 pipe fence.
    X2

Comment

If parents are worth a dang they will make it right

File on homeowners and let them pursue parents?

Comment

Pm sent...

Comment

Sounds like FSGI to me

Originally posted by Bish View Post
          Last time this happened I was was putting up a pipe rail at my T in road where fence is, Officer told me if I did that and someone was killed for hitting it that I could be sued for everything I have cause it was put up to protect my property, you cant have anything nice any more cause people drive like crazy out here, I've got so many reflectors up it looks like a run way and they still run through it

God Bless

Same to an uncle who kept having a mailbox ran over. It stopped the next car and DPS told him to remove it.

Comment

Goodness, sounds like NASCAR at your place

Comment

Originally posted by sasqy View Post
              Register your property under an L.L.C
              And you won’t have to worry about being sued for everything you own.
              Just a thought
              Homestead protections are better than the limited liability granted by an LLC. And if held in an LLC you cannot claim a homestead exemption on your property taxes.

Comment

That is some bullish about not being able to reinforce your fence on your property for fear of being sued. I would take the chance, and make an example out of someone's vehicle.

Then maybe word would spread about slowing down to make the iron cross corner!

If you put the posts in the road with intent to cause accidents, then maybe, but if you fence YOUR property as you choose, then how are you liable for some idiots inability to control their vehicle?

Comment

If the car was insured it should be responsible for the damages regardless of who's driving it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

You need the reputation of being a crazy old man that shouldn't be crossed.

No one wants to deal with crazy

Comment

Sorry about your fence.
                      There used to be a car halfway through a fence, I think it was in Jack Co on the way from Jacksboro toward Perrin. Someone ran part way through the fence and the rancher just repaired the fence around the car. It was that way for years and it still may be. Pretty funny sight.
                      Oh, and there is a law called the Safety Responsibility Act that allows you to sue the driver for your damages. If he or his folks don't pay, then you send the judgment to the DPS and they yank his license until he pays. He may then call you up and ask if he can make payments and get his license back so long as he makes 'em. A kid's driver's license can be pretty good collateral. He could still wind up a jailbird and not pay, but at least he wouldn't be able to get his license back until he pays you, plus interest. You can start the process at your local JP Court and then get the SRA forms from the DPS website. You don't necessarily need a lawyer to do any of this for you, and you can't recover attorney's fees on top of your damages, but if need a little more help feel free to PM me.

Comment

Originally posted by slickfish View Post
                        If the car was insured it should be responsible for the damages regardless of who's driving it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
                        Generally true, unless it was driven by an excluded driver, which is often the case. People exclude certain drivers from their policy to save on the premium and aren't supposed to let that person drive, but....and when they wreck it, there's no coverage.

Comment

If you really want them to pay you for the damages press charges for duty striking landscaping (hit and run) Class B misdemeanor with your sheriff's office. Provide the sheriff's office with an itemized bill (or estimate) for repairs and ask that they pay that amount in restitution when he takes a plea bargain. Damages have to be above $200.

I work for our county attorney and do it all the time when insurance doesn't cover repairs. Granted, the county attorney doesn't have to pursue restitution. But if you press the issue and ask for it you will likely get it.

Guess you have to decide if it's worth it to you to press criminal charges.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Comment

So, for legal reasons, you can't do anything to protect your property from damage by others? Jeez.

Could an argument be made that you are installing what amounts to a large scale pool fence (landscape, fence, whatever) to keep someone from drowning in that tank? Seriously.

What a jacked up deal.

Comment

Keep the car until you are paid damages.

Comment

If the driver is excluded does that mean the car was stolen?

Comment

Working...
                                X