Stem Cell Injections??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stem Cell Injections??

Just curious who's had them and how well they worked. Also curious about the longevity of them.

I tore my rotator cuff 2 years ago and its been a constant struggle to keep it operational and it has also caused a lot of pain and tighness in my upper back. It seems like either my back or my shoulder is always hurting because one is compensating for the other.
    My chiropractor has a nurse practioner in his office that's doing stem cell injections and she claims its having great results with her patients. The stem cells are taken from the placenta of a mother who gives consent. They are charging much less than some of the other Dr closer to Dallas. And at this point it doesn't look like my insurance will cover it because of it being "experimental".

I'm getting pretty close to taking a gamble and giving it a try.

I had them in both knees. It was a waste of money for me I think that was the tipping point that made me get knee replacement surgery.

Comment

My daughter had the first one I ever heard of several years ago. It worked very well for her.

Comment

What part of her body did she have the injection done on?
        Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
        My daughter had the first one I ever heard of several years ago. It worked very well for her.

Comment

I sure hope it works well for you.

Comment

A Manger here @ work , had and still does them, he has been fighting the dreaded "C", for 2 years and he says it has helped him

Comment

Originally posted by Shake N' Bake View Post
              What part of her body did she have the injection done on?
              Her elbow. She tried just about everything else until someone told her about the doctor that was doing it. It was really in the experimental stage at the time, but she was desperate for relief. Her elbow has been fine for 4/5 years now.

Comment

That's encouraging! Thanks!
                Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                Her elbow. She tried just about everything else until someone told her about the doctor that was doing it. It was really in the experimental stage at the time, but she was desperate for relief. Her elbow has been fine for 4/5 years now.

Comment

I had shoulder surgery by a great doc here in Katy area, Dr. Steven Simonich

Dr. Stephen Simonich, UT Physicians orthopedics, cares for adult patients in the Greater Houston area.

He does shoulders every day all day long. I can shoot my bow and do everything else I please. I ain't stupid with it but I am not limited. All pain gone. Was a rough 6 weeks after surgery and the PT was tough but worth it.

Comment

What did you actually tear? I seriously doubt a NP is doing injections under fluoroscopy etc. Depending on what is torn, I seriously doubt the NP could even inject the targeted area with any accuracy. Additionally, given the fact that the tear is 2 years old would call into question the efficacy of any treatment.

Just curious who's had them and how well they worked. Also curious about the longevity of them.

I tore my rotator cuff 2 years ago and its been a constant struggle to keep it operational and it has also caused a lot of pain and tighness in my upper back. It seems like either my back or my shoulder is always hurting because one is compensating for the other.
                    My chiropractor has a nurse practioner in his office that's doing stem cell injections and she claims its having great results with her patients. The stem cells are taken from the placenta of a mother who gives consent. They are charging much less than some of the other Dr closer to Dallas. And at this point it doesn't look like my insurance will cover it because of it being "experimental".

I'm getting pretty close to taking a gamble and giving it a try.

Comment

Labrum and supraspinatus.. I think
                      She explained that accuracy is not super important because the stem cells will travel to some degree.
                      Originally posted by RR 314 View Post
                      What did you actually tear? I seriously doubt a NP is doing injections under fluoroscopy etc. Depending on what is torn, I seriously doubt the NP could even inject the targeted area with any accuracy. Additionally, given the fact that the tear is 2 years old would call into question the efficacy of any treatment.

Comment

I know of someone who went to see a doctor in Mexico and got a prescription for Human Grown Hormone and did daily injections of that. Not a body builder dose but very small amount and healed up ligament damage quickly with no side effects.

Comment

If you have a torn rotator cuff, and it is still painful after 2 yrs, you probably need surgery. Go to a good shoulder dr. Get an MRI, and have it fixed.

Comment

She explained that accuracy is not super important because the stem cells will travel to some degree.
                            Haaa. I just spoke with a board certified ortho on another issue and asked him about this. He laughed boisterously and said, "What a crock of $%^&"! Additionally, he claimed without guidance (fluoroscopy or at least ultrasound), the same is effectively worthless. If they are telling you that the injections derived from placenta tissue include stem cells, they are stretching the truth (greatly). Once frozen, no stem cells are present/survive. There still may be some efficacy, but to call the same "stem cell" should be enough to have you leaving the back cracker and going to an MD. :-)

Comment

Forgot the best quote-- Ortho surgeon said, "Is she talking about sperm cells or stem cells?"

Seems there are just as many sperm cells as stem cells in the injections--zero.

Comment

Working...
                              X