Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hatch Chile Time

What do you all do with Hatch Chiles?

Thinking of getting a bag (roasted) and trying out some different things.

Any ideas?

Frawg
    We have roasted them on the grill them pull the stem off and lay the pepper in a tortilla. You can also add cheese or any meat. Love fresh roasted peppers. Making me hungry.

Comment

Raised in New Mexico and use to grow roast and sell chili. Give me a pm and I can send you some of the ways we use them.

Comment

I was also raise in NM and LOVE me some green chili. Here are a few things I like to do with it.

1. Add to a Cheese Burger
        2. Green Chili Stew
        3. Green Chili Chicken Enchiladas
        4. Chili Reno's
        5. Add them to your scrambled eggs or in Breakfast tacos
        6. Add into your Chili

the list goes on and on.....

Comment

I have 1 bushel left from the two i bought.

I use them in:
          eggs
          tacos
          burgers
          guisada
          cooked up with onions
          on a tortilla
          with cold beer
          backstrap

I put them on just about anything I cook and eat I generally go through 12 chilis each week I am home... I may need a bigger freezer next year

Comment

best chili in the world

Comment

along with just about every recipe listed above, I love to dry them out if they aren't already, and grind them into a powder and and make Green Chile jerky.. Makes awesome jerky with venison & beef

Comment

I too am from New Mexico..... I NEED ME SOME HATCH CHILI if anyone is heading that way.....

Comment

Look for these at your local grocer's freezer...mmmmmmm good!!

When I lived in DFW, Central Market was the only place that had them. They're the best I've found short of roasting them yourself and the easiest to cook with.
                  Attached Files

Comment

My mom used to make a rice and green chile casserole. Talk about good!!!

Comment

2 lbs cubed pork
                      1 lb Canned Hatch green chili (whole or sliced)
                      1 can Hot Rotel (mild or medium depending on how much heat you want)
                      1 1/2 cup flower
                      1 small can of tomato paste
                      1 cup fiesta blend cheese

Brown pork with a little olive oil, slice green chilies and add to pot (at least 5.5 quart pot or crock pot) along with rotel and tomato paste . Take your 1 1/2 cup of flower in a bowl and mix with cool water to make a paste. Fill your pot 3/4 full of water and slowly stir in flour paste, add to taste garlic salt, pepper, and onion salt . Slow simmer for about 3 hours, halfway through add cheese. Enjoy with chips or smother french fries(chili cheese fries)!

Note: Very common in the midwest

Comment

Working...
                      X