Free: Chocolate Lab to right home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Free: Chocolate Lab to right home

I’m very sad to do this , but my Chocolate Lab Harley, has learned to climb chain link , he has been letting himself out and going down the street to neighbors and going in there doggy door, he is almost 6 years old , I have owned him 4 years, he 100 lbs of pure sweetness. Loves to swim,will fetch but not worked with,Has been a big ole pet, he is still in tact . I will only let him go to a home with a privacy fence & allows him to come in regularly for love, he is house broke for the most part, occasional accident , he is registered I never transferred any paper work, please don’t get offended if I don’t agree on your place, I am picky and owe it to him to find a great home, again must have privacy fence !! Or lots of acres and no roads near. Thanks, Adam, Located in Van Texas . I have tried obedience collers but he still goes every day,my options are very limited at this point, I will not put him on a chain so I have to do something very very soon.

Run a few strands of hot wire on your chain link. They make insulators that attach to chain link. Run a strand along the bottom, one about knee high, and one along the top.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Muskles View Post
      Run a few strands of hot wire on your chain link. They make insulators that attach to chain link. Run a strand along the bottom, one about knee high, and one along the top.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
      I agree with this. It’s hard to find a good dog. If you really like him and want to keep him I don’t think you’ve explored all your options. A good family dog is worth spending a few bucks on!

Comment

Just worried about my grand kids and the wire, would be very easy to forget and have 4 Grands in my yard every week

Comment

Good looking dog, hoping for a workable solution for you and Harley

Comment

Originally posted by vanmedic View Post
            Just worried about my grand kids and the wire, would be very easy to forget and have 4 Grands in my yard every week
            No worries. Everyone will learn after the first time. I sure did!

Comment

Originally posted by BigRed323 View Post
              My thoughts exactly. Much quicker learning curve

Comment

Originally posted by BigRed323 View Post
                Yep. I would at least give this a go. After the first hit or two he likely wont try it again anyhow. Just leave the wire up and turn the box off.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Man I want another lab but if he's going over your fence he will go over mine..

Comment

he wouldnt give up on you

Comment

Weak. Find another solution.

Comment

Under ground fence inside your chain link fence.

Comment

Change your fence

Comment

Originally posted by BURTONboy View Post
                            Yep. I would at least give this a go. After the first hit or two he likely wont try it again anyhow. Just leave the wire up and turn the box off.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
                            We had a small dog that would dig under the fence and escape our back yard. I set up a single strand hot wire near the bottom of the fence. She touched it once or twice and never went near it again. I had small kids at the time so I turned it off, and never had a problem with the dog digging out again.

Comment

Wow, 4 years in the family, best of luck to the lab.

Comment

Working...
                              X