Side by side recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Side by side recommendations

Debating getting a side by side or maybe a four wheeler for hunting purposes. Wanted to know some opinions on side by sides and who makes the top end ones. Not necessarily all the bells and whistles but the one that has the least mechanical issues and runs great without needing to constantly stay in the shop. Also, any input on a four wheeler would be nice as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have been really happy with my Honda Pioneer 700. For reliability I would look at Honda or the Kawasaki Mule.

Comment

Bought a 2019 Cam Am Defender Max HD-10 and couldn't be happier. Smooth, fairly quiet and fast if you need it to be.

Comment

I would say Kawasaki would be my top choice..

Comment

I can fix you up with a nice 2014 ranger 900 crew

Comment

2019 Can Am Defender HD 8 with power steering. Nice rig. It has only been in the shop for a lift kit, hooking up the light bars/switches and 100 hour service. Wish I would have gotten rid of the 4 wheeler and bought one sooner...

Comment

I got a mule 4110 about 6 months ago I love it
              Only 38 hrs on it

Comment

I had a Ranger for years and despite the gloom and doom from lots of folks, the only trouble I ever had was rat gnawed wiring. I did have to replace the rubbers in the front end last year but it’s an ‘08 model. My son bought it from me when I bought my CanAm. Love the CanAm but I haven’t had it long enough to say about longevity.

Comment

For reliability, longevity, and a warranty you can count on, Kawasaki mule 4010. We have a 2003 with 2300+ hours and a 2014 with 3-400 hours. Not a hot rod and doesn’t ride like a Cadillac, but you don’t see many other brands with the age and hours that you’ll see on the miles

Comment

Canam and Kawasaki for sxs, and honda for 4 wheelers

Comment

Kinda shocked that so far no one has said anything about the Polaris line

Comment

SxS = Kawasaki Mule.

Quad = Honda Foreman.

Neither have the bells and whistles of the new Can Am or Polaris counterparts, but they are pretty much undisputed in the reliability category.

The Mule Pro fxt to fxr, depending on the size you want, will still ride pretty nice and go plenty fast. The gas engine they use in them is a proven workhorse, and they are tough little machines.

The Honda Foreman 4x4 with foot shift will be the toughest four wheeler you can buy. No CVTs to burn up belts, not too much power for someone to just hop on and cruise, and metal racks with plenty of customizable options out there.

Comment

If u get a polaris, u probably gonna be calling me to pull u back to camp sooner are later. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by DapperDan View Post
                            Kinda shocked that so far no one has said anything about the Polaris line

You said least mechanical issues. Polaris has a reputation for things breaking.

That being said, I think most of the problems come from abuse. I own a Polaris ranger and it’s been a good machine, so far. But I don’t ride it hard. Basically working around the lease, and cruising the neighborhood with the pup.

Comment

I've had nothing but great, reliable service out of my '14 Polaris Ranger 900xp.

What's your driving terrain like? Mud, rock, prairie, etc.... I really like my brothers Mule Pro, but it's a HEAVY beatch and I can't see it doing well in deep mud.

Comment

Working...
                              X