Drone's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drone's

Got me thinking has anyone ever used one for hunting sheds. We have big clear-cuts thought it would might work.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Not legal

As Always My Heart is filled with Love for You and Your Families. Not because I am commanded to Love my Neighbor, but because I can, am able to and it brings me Joy.

Comment

"Except with permits issued by Texas Parks & Wildlife Department, the use of drones to hunt, drive, capture, take, count or photograph any wildlife is unlawful. This includes locating wounded animals as well."

Looking for shed antlers does not fit within this description. No?

Comment

A horn ain’t wildlife....

In my experience (limited) it would take a very high quality unit and camera to pull it off. To get a field of view to cover some ground and find antlers is gonna take a high quality lens

Comment

Originally posted by Pushbutton2 View Post
          Not legal

As Always My Heart is filled with Love for You and Your Families. Not because I am commanded to Love my Neighbor, but because I can, am able to and it brings me Joy.
          I see nothing in that law that mentions looking for dead animal parts. All of the definitions seem to only fit live animals.

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
            A horn ain’t wildlife....

In my experience (limited) it would take a very high quality unit and camera to pull it off. To get a field of view to cover some ground and find antlers is gonna take a high quality lens
            It depends on what is considered “high quality”. I think most drones unless talking about toys, have some very good resolution cameras.

If a shed is in the open life in a field, I think a drone could find sheds.

The biggest problem in my opinion is not the cameras but a shed not being seen from the air. It it is under any kind of canopy or camouflage from trees to brush or even tall grass, it will be almost impossible to see. A shed in the open should be easy from a lower end but not a toy model from 40-50 feet of altitude.

In my opinion. I have or operate 8 drones either personally owned or for my job.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
              Got me thinking has anyone ever used one for hunting sheds. We have big clear-cuts thought it would might work.

Do you have a drone or what price range are you thinking of?

Comment

no apostrophe for plural drones......just sayin'......

Comment

It would take a really good camera to find sheds. It's not illegal to fly over property you have legal access to just for the fun of it.

Comment

Not legal

Its legal read what you posted.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                      Its legal read what you posted.
                      Could be what happens when you see a deer, armadillo, racoons, goosees :-), and or a pig?

You're filming wildlife.
                      Filming wildlife is illegal.
                      Therefore I still believe it's illegal

Last edited by Pushbutton2; 03-26-2020, 11:24 AM.

Comment

Could be what happens when you see a deer, armadillo, racoons, goosees :-), and or a pig?

You're filming wildlife.

You’re way overthinking, or under thinking this

Comment

Originally posted by tvc184 View Post
                          Do you have a drone or what price range are you thinking of?
                          No, I was just thought it might work.

Comment

You're filming wildlife.

Horns are not wildlife.

Photographing wildlife is not illegal.

Management of wildlife is illegal without certain guidelines and/or permits.

The OP isn’t managing anything and the horns of a dead animal isn’t wildlife.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
                              No, I was just thought it might work.

If you have some open ground like a pasture or clear cut that doesn’t have too much vegetation (dead or alive) to obscure your view, it could work with a decent drone.

Comment

Working...
                              X