Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tell me about Kydex and IWB appendix carry...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've got one I'll sell you, I've never been able to get comfortable carrying that way. Not worried about blowing a testicle off, just my gut is in the way.

I'll get pics when I go home if you are interested PM.

I can't remember what brand, I'll get you details though.

Comment

Originally posted by Hills of Texas View Post
      Appendix carry is a good way to blow you junk off. Not a fan at all. I’ll carry a snub nose appendix but only on an empty chamber.
      And how is that any safer than carrying on a loaded chamber??

Comment

Originally posted by TacticalCowboy View Post
        And how is that any safer than carrying on a loaded chamber??
        Nothing really, just the way I was raised. Was taught to keep the hammer on an empty cylinder incase you got thrown or you pistol feel from the holster. Nothing to go bang till you pull the trigger.

Comment

I love it until I try to sit down. Just can't make it work.

Comment

Originally posted by Hills of Texas View Post
            Nothing really, just the way I was raised. Was taught to keep the hammer on an empty cylinder incase you got thrown or you pistol feel from the holster. Nothing to go bang till you pull the trigger.
            I am not criticizing the way you wish to carry but I don’t think it is possible to make a revolver go bang unless you pull the trigger or at least anything made in the last 70 years or so.

Comment

I’ve got some colts that will prove you wrong

Comment

Single action Colts and early Ruger single actions that haven't been upgraded are the only revolvers that I am aware of that can go off by a blow to the hammer. Neither of those are commonly carried anymore. Series 70 or earlier 1911's, by design, are one of the most dangerous, as the safety only blocks the sear, not the hammer itself, and in the 100 years or so it's been around, there have been very few mishaps. In fact, some savvy operators in years past carried them "cocked and unlocked", claiming the grip safety was enough!

Comment

Originally posted by tvc184 View Post
                  I am not criticizing the way you wish to carry but I don’t think it is possible to make a revolver go bang unless you pull the trigger or at least anything made designed in the last 70 years or so.
                  FIFY

Rugers, new(er) smiths, Rossi, FA, and a whole lot of others are just as safe to carry on a loaded chamber as your new semi autos.

I get that some revolvers aren’t safe to carry hammer down on a loaded chamber. But that 642 or 638 is.

Comment

Originally posted by softpoint View Post
                    Single action Colts and early Ruger single actions that haven't been upgraded are the only revolvers that I am aware of that can go off by a blow to the hammer. Neither of those are commonly carried anymore. Series 70 or earlier 1911's, by design, are one of the most dangerous, as the safety only blocks the sear, not the hammer itself, and in the 100 years or so it's been around, there have been very few mishaps. In fact, some savvy operators in years past carried them "cocked and unlocked", claiming the grip safety was enough!
                    I’ve heard that the thumb safety was primary and the army requested the grip safety on the 1911 and vice versa, but either way, don’t stick your finger in the trigger guard and there shouldn’t be no problems.

Comment

FIFY

Rugers, new(er) smiths, Rossi, FA, and a whole lot of others are just as safe to carry on a loaded chamber as your new semi autos.

I get that some revolvers aren’t safe to carry hammer down on a loaded chamber. But that 642 or 638 is.
                      I carry my Freedom Arms revolvers with the hammer down between the chambers.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
                        I have kydex from CYA Holsters for G19. Carry at 4 o'clock. Solid holster, well made and very reasonably priced.

Can anybody recommend a good quality leather gun belt?
                        I've been using Kore Essentials belts and they've been working pretty well. I have a leather gun belt and a nylon one. Super sturdy so far and very adjustable.

Comment

I’ve heard that the thumb safety was primary and the army requested the grip safety on the 1911 and vice versa, but either way, don’t stick your finger in the trigger guard and there shouldn’t be no problems.
                          That is correct, and the instances (and there are a few) of people shooting themselves in the arse with their Glock was because they inadvertently left their finger in the trigger guard while re-holstering. That isn't a fault of the pistol, though.

Comment

BTW I'm selling a TXC holster for $40 if anyone is interested. Good quality, lightweight holster. Works well appendix or anywhere else.

Comment

These holsters are awesome. Dont go anywhere without one of these and a walther pps in it.

Super comfortable with a thin single stack 9mm in it.

Comment

I carry g48 appendix most of the time in a Vedder lightuck. They take time to get used to but now it’s nothing

Comment

Working...
                                X