X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

He was a great guy, but I wish he'd have never run for governor. We got Anne Richards solely because Clayton couldn't keep his mouth shut.

Comment

By most accounts he was one of a kind!

Most “take charge, gung-ho, successful” type people don’t keep their mouth shut. It’s a big part of what makes them successful and it doesn’t always keep them out of office LOL...that one comment did bite him in the rear pretty bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Swampa View Post
          Went to college with his son. Good times!!! RIP CW

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          I went to school with his nephew AP , Good folks

Comment

Originally posted by Cantcatch5 View Post
            Most “take charge, gung-ho, successful” type people don’t keep their mouth shut. It’s a big part of what makes them successful and it doesn’t always keep them out of office LOL...that one comment did bite him in the rear pretty bad.
            It bit us all unfortunately, and there was more than one comment. I think he'd have been a great governor too.

Comment

Originally posted by tvc184 View Post
              Should have been the governor but for one off the cuff remark...
              I was standing beside him when a reporter asked him if he heard that Ann Richards said that she was ahead in the polls. He responded "sounds like Ann is back to drinking". Kay Bailey Hutchison asked if he didn't want take it back? He responded "No" and the rest is history.
              Adios,
              Gary

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
                Here.

I did a fireworks show for Clayton Williams back in the day at his ranch north of Alpine. It was his annual Brangus sale at his place and an amazing place it was. His pool was the shape of an Aggie Senior Boot and boy did he have a trophy room! For the rich folks that flew into Alpine on their planes, Clayton had 3 helicopters that ferried them from the airport in Alpine to his ranch. The concert after the Brangus sale and the BBQ supper was George Straight and Janie Frickie! George sang about 30 minutes, went back to his bus, but came back out and sang for another 2 hours after Clayton paid him a visit! This was amazing and when everything was said and done we shot our fireworks show! There were a ton of people there for that shindig! Dang sure made my week!
                I believe I was there, pretty young at the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Roberson View Post
                  I was standing beside him when a reporter asked him if he heard that Ann Richards said that she was ahead in the polls. He responded "sounds like Ann is back to drinking". Kay Bailey Hutchison asked if he didn't want take it back? He responded "No" and the rest is history.
                  Adios,
                  Gary
                  That's not the comment that lost the Governors race, it was a poor attempt at humor about rape that pushed alot of women to vote for Richards.
                  he likened it to the weather and that "its inevitable so you might as well sit back and enjoy it", it didn't go over very well.

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
                    That's not the comment that lost the Governors race, it was a poor attempt at humor about rape that pushed alot of women to vote for Richards.
                    he likened it to the weather and that "its inevitable so you might as well sit back and enjoy it", it didn't go over very well.
                    True. He had already made the comment about rape and this one made sure to finish him off as Ann really took offense with it.
                    Adios,
                    Gary

Comment

Especially when running for public office, you can never let your guard down.

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
                        Very poor attempt...………….lol!

Comment

Working...
                        X