No announcement yet.

What bow sights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just got an EZ-V. Showing some promise, but not completely sold yet.

Comment

Use a single pin ( Apex Covert Pro) and love it. When I'm hunting I set it at 20 yards and forget it. I limit my shots to 25 yards anyway so it doesn't matter.

Comment

HHA Optimizer KingPin XL Sight 5519. Love the accuracy and its great in a blind. Once dialed in its good for me out to 70 yards.

I also bought a Garmin XeroA1i for my other bow. The Garmin allows you to constantly range your target. The built in range finder allows me to draw and range multiple times or multiple targets. I'm going to put it to the test down in South Texas in March for spot and stalk javis. The only down side, is its a chore to get set up.

Comment

Shooting a Garmin Xero right now but just bought an EX V to try.

I have done it all. No sights, 3 pint to 5 pin to 7 pin to a single pin then the Xero and now the EZ V.

Comment

Check out the option archery sight a friend of mine just got one and it will be on my next bow!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Single pin. Best move I’ve made.

Comment

I have the axcel accutouch. You feel the slide hit each notch you have set. I always keep mine at 20. And then a notch @30, 40, 45, and 50. I'm not comfortable shooting at an animal passed 50.
                Last edited by Ginja Ninja; 01-29-2020, 10:16 AM.

Comment

I shot traditional cheap 5 pin that I used for many many years. I had a bad shot last season and it shook my confidence. Between that and my eyes aren't getting any better, a friend talked me into an EZV. I never got comfortable with it and it is definitely not as accurate as pins. Just not for me.
                  After a ton of research I bought an HHA Optimizer Lite single pin. I love it. I shoot paper plate groups at 70 yards. My personal max for deer is 30yds. I set the sight to 25yds and forget it. It's within 2-3 inches of aim at every distance under 30yds.
                  I had always considered single pins as a target/3D sights but after shooting and hunting with the Optimizer, I wish I had done it years ago.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

I shoot a Hogg Father "double pin". Never had a problem with an animal moving. You will typically get into trouble with the animal moving if you have a slow arrow and the animal moves a few yards or it is at longer distances. In either of those instances, you will either have to gap the pins or rerange with your range finder.

With my double pin, I get some ability to have a 2nd pin. mainly I use it to shoot at longer distances without having fletching strike. Spot Hogg took the idea from Cameron Hanes.

Comment

CBE Tek Hybrid. Have them on both bows. 3 pin, bottom pin is slider. Tried single pin, it was good on targets, not so great for hunting.

Comment

garmin xero a1 for me. so far ive really enjoyed it.

Comment

The new trophy ridge hotwire. Came out last year. It's a 3 pin sight with 2 fixed and one slider pin. Great sight an absolutely love it.

Comment

HHA Optimizer Ultra single pin. Made in America and has been the best switch i made. As stated above, with the way we mostly hunt in Texas, there's not much need to adjust the sight during the hunt. We sit in one spot and most distances are known. Now, if i was chasing elk in NM or CO, i would more than likely switch over to a sight with at least 3 pins.

Comment

I have a 3 pin adjustable Tommy Hog. I like having two pins set at 20 & 30 and the 3rd pins is adjustable. I keep it set at 40 and can move it anywhere I need.

Comment

I came from the react 5.
                                May look into the 3 pin spot hog

Comment

Working...
                                X