Colorado Trout Fishing Questions / Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Colorado Trout Fishing Questions / Advice

I've got a Trout fishing trip booked at the end of the month with an outfitter in Silverthorne, CO.

This is my first trip of this kind and looking for any advice from you folks that have done this before.

The outfitter is providing rod/reels, waders, fliest, etc. I've asked about clothes, etc. and he said be prepared for 30 degrees to 80 degrees.

I've got mid-weight thermal pants & shirts, light-weight rain gear, mid-weight insulated outerwear. (vest / jacket)

What else should I include?

Thanks in advance.

Mike

sounds like you have it covered pretty good. are you going to fish high altitude hike in or what?

Comment

I was going to go there a few weeks ago, sounds like flows are good and fishing is good according to the fly shop there. Wear layers as it will be cold in the early morning and warm up as the day progresses.Going with a guide for the first time is the best way to do it imho. Enjoy!!!!!Post pics of the trip!

Comment

Chapstick and some form of nasal hydration spray if you're gonna be at any decent altitude for a while

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
          Chapstick and some form of nasal hydration spray if you're gonna be at any decent altitude for a while

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
          ^^^^this.

Comment

Good polarized glasses. If you can find them with cheaters, all the better.

Comment

Never thought about chapstick and nasal spray...going on my list.

I’ll out what kind of walking we’ll be doing.

Thanks again guys.

Comment

sunglasses for sure. toboggan to keep warm. a pair of gloves that you can fish with.
                have some dry clothes back at the truck in case the waders leak.

a camera to capture a fantastic day and some tip money.

Comment

I am here fishing now. I would add a hat, sun gloves, buff and maybe some fingerless gloves in case it is cold. Have fun

Comment

Hand warmers.

Comment

If you have never been to Co, drink lots of water. Love that area

Comment

Nice cool front coming in Oct 1 so you might have a chilly fishing trip.
                        Fingerless gloves will be very useful.

Comment

Would like a post-trip report. I am wanting to do the same thing in the next year or two. Drove through the Silverthorne area in July on the way to Steamboat and the area looked awesome for trout fishing.

Comment

Ask if it's smoky there, if it is be prepared for burning eyes and nose and throat irritation.

Hope you get into some spawning trout.

Comment

Thanks for the head-up....just saw there is a fire just NE of Silverthorne.

Comment

Working...
                              X