Email from COVERT 3g Verizon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Email from COVERT 3g Verizon

Looks like my cameras will be worthless 2020.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Spearchunker; 06-21-2018, 01:25 PM.

Planned obsolescence. It’s a conspiracy.

Comment

Got pretty much the same thing the other day on my spartan Verizon cams. Sux but at least they are giving us plenty of warning.

Comment

Does this have something to do with their announcement that they are ending contracts with specific companies because they are selling private info without the owner's knowledge or permission?

I don't think Covert is one of those companies but maybe the platform is being discontinued because it allows that situation??

Comment

got the same email

Comment

Hmm. I didn’t get an email and I have the Verizon model covert. I guess that means I’m not on that particular network. OP, how old/what year are your cameras

Comment

Nice heads up but if they don’t exchange mine for AT&T cams come 2020 I won’t be to thrilled lol

Comment

Originally posted by bowhunter2989 View Post
                Hmm. I didn’t get an email and I have the Verizon model covert. I guess that means I’m not on that particular network. OP, how old/what year are your cameras
                2016 Blackhawks

Comment

Kudos to Covert for staying on top of something that's out of their control.

Comment

I am having one of mine upgraded right now. Sent it to Covert said it would take about 6 weeks due the backlog. I should get it back in mid July. Then I guess I will send in the other one.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhunter2989 View Post
                      2016 Blackhawks

Comment

Bought mine last week just talked to covert. Wanted me to pay 200 to swap the brand new verizon for an at&t.

Comment

We all knew it was coming.... its like keeping an old phone too long, tech just passes you by.

So, why did they drag there feet so long in coming out with a LTE camera? Does anyone make one yet?

I haven't looked since last year and no one had gone to LTE as of them.

Comment

Spartan makes an LTE camera. All these gsm and cdma units have sunsets FYI. I distribute a lot of this type of product for automation and security. If you purchase anything that requires a cellular card they will have a future expiration date unfortunately.

Comment

Well I will sell 2 Blackhawks, covert solar panels, covert batts, and extended range antennas

$400 to your door.

Comment

Working...
                              X