PSA EPT Trigger - changing springs to make it lighter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PSA EPT Trigger - changing springs to make it lighter

I have the PSA EPT trigger in my 6.5 Grendel. While it is smooth and crisp, it's a heavy trigger. I'm thinking of replacing the springs to make it a lighter pull. Anyone done this? Worth my time? And if so what poundage should I get for a Grendel? I'm kind of leaning toward a 3.5 - 4.5# but open to suggestions.

Or should I stop being cheap and just replace the trigger with a higher quality one?
    Last edited by BigL; 06-24-2018, 02:50 PM.

I put a POF trigger in my Grendel and love it! Keep your eye on Primary Arms. They hold some good sales from time to time.

Comment

Originally posted by lbbf View Post
      I put a POF trigger in my Grendel and love it! Keep your eye on Primary Arms. They hold some good sales from time to time.
      Thanks. I'll add that to the list.

Comment

Here were the options that I was considering before posting. This gun doesn't see a lot of range time but will probably the gun my 13 yr old uses to shoot a deer and a few hogs this year. Ranges typically 75-150 yards.

Maybe try ALG Defense ACT trigger with purple spring.

Or stick with the PSA EPT trigger but change springs to one of these:

Last edited by BigL; 06-24-2018, 03:44 PM.

Comment

I tried the lighter springs first and they did help but going to a quality drop in trigger is a night to day difference. Be careful with the lighter disconnect spring. Mine would double tap from time to time until I went back to mil-spec disconnect spring.

Comment

Originally posted by lbbf View Post
            I tried the lighter springs first and they did help but going to a quality drop in trigger is a night to day difference. Be careful with the lighter disconnect spring. Mine would double tap from time to time until I went back to mil-spec disconnect spring.
            Yea some day i'll put a better trigger in. But until then I think the PSA EPT triggers are decent for the price. Its just a little too heavy on the pull. I think I'm just going to try this spring out and see what that does for it. I only shoot the Hornaday ammo in it so don't have to worry about cheaper ammo and light strikes.

Comment

Get a Larue MBT. You will love it.

Comment

Working...
              X