Archery shop with good customer service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Archery shop with good customer service

I am in the market for a new bow and am having a difficult time finding a shop. I have been to two large outdoors stores and two different independently owned archery shops in the DFW area. All I can say is I am extremely disappointed in the customer service I am encountering. Texas used to be known for good customer service. The sales people Im dealing with are just plain rude.

For example this morning I enter a shop right after it opened for business with the intention of making a purchase. I am the first customer of the day. I talk with the owner for a few minutes and he seems like a nice guy. I tell him I am looking for a new bow and would like some help making my selection. About that time another customer walks in with a bow. Without saying anything he starts to help the other customer. He installs new bus cables and string and adjusts his arrow rest. This took some time and I figured I was going to be waiting for awhile. Apparently he didn't need my business so I left. This has happened before. A good friend of mine said he has had the same problem.

Any suggestions of an archery shop with friendly folks that are willing to take some time to help me find the right bow? I am willing to travel up to 100 miles. I live in Wylie.

Well if your willing to travel a little more West Houston Archery is the best I've seen the guys are super and very helpful that's where we do all of our business! Goodluck in finding a good one buddy!

Comment

Thanks for the advise friend. Thats further than I had in mind. If I don't find one closer I may decide to make that road trip.

Comment

On Target Archery in Canton is a good one About the extent of your mileage though

Comment

There are numerous shops in the metro...I suggest you try Cinnamon Creek Ranch. I'd also plan on spending the whole day there.

Comment

Smithfield Archery. Wouldn't go anywhere else. Stan and Rhonda are great.

Comment

Cinnamon Creek Ranch, North Texas Archery and All Star Archery

Comment

Not sure which shops you went to but All Star in Lewisville has always taken good care of me. They have even worked on bows I didn't buy in their shop and have always been good about ordering parts for me they didn't have in stock. Troy and Wayne are the two that have done most of the work on my bows.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawg Slayer 4 View Post
                  Cinnamon Creek Ranch, North Texas Archery and All Star Archery
                  Two of those are the shops I discribe with bad customer service. I have never been to Cinnamon Creek Ranch. I went to All Star in Dallas not Lewisville. NTA is the store I described as the example in my opening post. Also Outdoor Pro Shop in Garland didn't seem to be intrested in selling bows, some of the most un-friendly people in that store. That is not just my opinion, that is the opinion of just about everyone I know who has shopped there.

I am going to CCR in the morning. I hope they will spend just a little time helping me find the right bow. I have been shopping for over a month. When I find a good shop with good customer service I will be a loyal customer for life.

Comment

Originally posted by SgtRock View Post
                    Two of those are the shops I discribe with bad customer service. I have never been to Cinnamon Creek Ranch. I went to All Star in Dallas not Lewisville. NTA is the store I described as the example in my opening post. Also Outdoor Pro Shop in Garland didn't seem to be intrested in selling bows, some of the most un-friendly people in that store. That is not just my opinion, that is the opinion of just about everyone I know who has shopped there.

I am going to CCR in the morning. I hope they will spend just a little time helping me find the right bow. I have been shopping for over a month. When I find a good shop with good customer service I will be a loyal customer for life.
                    Sorry to hear that about All Star Dallas. The guys in Lewisville have always been good to me and my sons.

Comment

Me and a friend went to BPS Garland with the intent to purchase bows about a month ago. We left that store after one of the rudest sales associate I have ever encountered left us high and dry. He messured my friend who has a 31" draw and then said to him. Your gonna have to get a Mathews we dont have any bows your length. Then he said be right back. He went to help another customer who had just arrived. In the mean time me and my friend checked out some of the bows. We found two of them with 31" draw length's. I found a couple I wanted to shoot. Twenty minutes later the salesman came back and was upset that my friend found the two 31" bows after he said they didn't have any. He walked away again with out a word. So we left. I have been a BPS customer for a long time in Springfield, Grapevine, and now Garland and have spent a lot of cash there. I sent the store manager an email about my experiance including the sales associates name and never received a reply. If I had received a reply I may have given BPS another chance.

btw, my friend bought a new bow online about a week ago.

I am always friendly to sales people, I used to be one. All I want is good service.
                      Last edited by SgtRock; 03-19-2011, 04:23 PM.

Comment

I purcased my Mathews from Outdoor Pro shop in Garland. My first impression was that they were a little stand off-ish but after spending time with some of the regulars that help out there, they really did spend lots of time helping me get my bow setup, tuned and even broadhead tuned. I've also noticed their prices were on par with Bass pro of not just a little cheaper. Give them a try. Your buying a bow and I know that they know how to set these things up. I've been to all the spots in DFW but I keep going back to the OPS in Garland. Cinnamon creek is worth the drive but their accessories have a high mark up. Don't feel pressured to buy anyones accessories. Shop around. The cost of my Z7e was on par with what everyone else is charging. For what it's worth.

Comment

Originally posted by GregH View Post
                          Not sure which shops you went to but All Star in Lewisville has always taken good care of me. They have even worked on bows I didn't buy in their shop and have always been good about ordering parts for me they didn't have in stock. Troy and Wayne are the two that have done most of the work on my bows.
                          I second that!! I just went there for the first time last week. Awesome!!!

By the way, I think I might know where you went and got that service . It has happen to me.

Comment

Originally posted by SgtRock View Post
                            Me and a friend went to BPS Garland with the intent to purchase bows about a month ago. We left that store after one of the rudest sales associate I have ever encountered left us high and dry. He messured my friend who has a 31" draw and then said to him. Your gonna have to get a Mathews we dont have any bows your length. Then he said be right back. He went to help another customer who had just arrived. In the mean time me and my friend checked out some of the bows. We found two of them with 31" draw length's. I found a couple I wanted to shoot. Twenty minutes later the salesman came back and was upset that my friend found the two 31" bows after he said they didn't have any. He walked away again with out a word. So we left. I have been a BPS customer for a long time in Springfield, Grapevine, and now Garland and have spent a lot of cash there. I sent the store manager an email about my experiance including the sales associates name and never received a reply. If I had received a reply I may have given BPS another chance.

btw, my friend bought a new bow online about a week ago.

I am always friendly to sales people, I used to be one. All I want is good service.
                            I only go to Grapevine because of the same reasons you stated above...

Comment

Originally posted by Delirious View Post
                              I purcased my Mathews from Outdoor Pro shop in Garland. My first impression was that they were a little stand off-ish but after spending time with some of the regulars that help out there, they really did spend lots of time helping me get my bow setup, tuned and even broadhead tuned. I've also noticed their prices were on par with Bass pro of not just a little cheaper. Give them a try. Your buying a bow and I know that they know how to set these things up. I've been to all the spots in DFW but I keep going back to the OPS in Garland. Cinnamon creek is worth the drive but their accessories have a high mark up. Don't feel pressured to buy anyones accessories. Shop around. The cost of my Z7e was on par with what everyone else is charging. For what it's worth.
                              Thanks for the advise. Maybe I will give OPS another chance.

Comment

Working...
                              X