Barb wire fence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Barb wire fence

So I’ve looked all over the web and can’t find the answer I’m looking for. I’m about to start building a fence in uvalde county but can’t seem to find how far off the road the fence needs to be. Someone told me 25 feet but that doesn’t sound right. If anyone one has any info please let me know. Also I’m putting up the fence to potentially put black buck behind. Is woven 4 ft goat wire wire barn wire on top gonna work or is welded wire better?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tx. Dept. of permits or any state hwy dept. should be able to tell you. Other than that go measure a few of the existing one out there.

Comment

Find out where your property line is.

Comment

#1 rule of fence building: find your property line.
        If you're talking about a TxDOT highway, it should be clearly identifiable. I would recommend you have a surveyor mark your corners if there is any doubt on where they are. Any good fence contractor will want to know exact property boundary.
        On your 2nd question, if you're talking any significant length, then welded wire is going to price itself out. Woven goat wire is good stuff.

Comment

Keep in mind that your property line and set backs or your "build line" could be 2 different things. Survey or title commitment would be a good place to start.

Comment

I am on a state hwy, I called the guy that surveyed the place when I bought and had him remark my pins
            my pins are around 25' off the road, I put the fence 2' back off my pins,, but that was just something I did...

Comment

Generally Txdot owns 30’ of ROW. Good rule of thumb is Txdot owns everything up to power poles. Contact the local office for a permit.

Comment

Well you can stop and measure anywhere to see. I say match your neighbors.

Comment

We are on a small county road and our neighbors are less then 10’ I found our survey which said the city owns 25’ to the road

Comment

Originally posted by lamaredskin View Post
                    We are on a small county road and our neighbors are less then 10’ I found our survey which said the city owns 25’ to the road

Is that 25Ft from the center of the road or the edge?

Comment

Stay-Tuff is the wire you want to use.

Comment

We have 2 sides on a county dirt road. There are power poles inside our fence line on the south side. They have been there long before we bought the place. We built a new fence right where the old fence was. I bet there is barely 8 feet from edge of road to the fence on both sides of that road for the entire stretch of that road. Road goes for a long way past our fences before it ever comes back to the highway. Just saying

Comment

Working...
                        X