Bobcat mount ideas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bobcat mount ideas?

I got this big tom bobcat while out deer hunting. He weighed 42lbs. Cool thing is he was doing the same thing. Pretty cool to see how the deer acted and how the group of doe worked together as a safety group. This is my first bobcat mount and was thinking of putting him on top of the gun safe and have a flying turkey on the wall beside it but I'm open to ideas. Hunting buddy and taxidermist wants to mount him walking down a rock. I'm not a fan of sneak forms or open mouth forms.

You shot the scat outta that cat!

I like the bobcat catching quail mounts I've seen. Since he was hunting when you shot him that might be appropriate.

Comment

42 lbs!!! not sure of mount ideas for ya but dang that big!?!

Where'd you shoot him that is awesome!

You should have waited to kill him until next West Texas Big Bob Cat challenge. haha with that big of a cat you could have one 1st place easy prize money ranges from $30K-40K+!!!
      Last edited by TexasTealHunter; 11-14-2016, 03:48 PM. Reason: additions

Comment

Man, 42lbs is a toad. Like TTH said, that'd win you big money at the WT Big Cat.

I like the on-top-of-the-safe idea. Just seems like a good spot for a bobcat mount.

Comment

My favorite is jumping chasing a bird w/ either mouth open or closed. Just be sure you get a good taxidermist after seeing some of the mounts guys have paid for on here.

Comment

Thanks guys. I hunt out in Hardeman and Wilbarger county. I've been after this cat's dad for three years but he puts the slip on me every time. I bet he'll weigh 50lbs+

Comment

Man that would have won you enough money for alot of mounts at the Big Cat Contest. Biggest I've seen was 37 pounds.

The coolest bobcat mount I've seen was of one getting struck at by a rattlesnake. The ones where they're snagging a bird out of the air are cool too though.

Comment

Originally posted by wcgunns View Post
                Thanks guys. I hunt out in Hardeman and Wilbarger county. I've been after this cat's dad for three years but he puts the slip on me every time. I bet he'll weigh 50lbs+

That's a monster! We have a ton of cats on our place and killed 10 last year but nothing over 30lbs. That is a monster at 42 pounds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Rug.
                  About 2% of all bobcat mounts turn out respectable.
                  If you do mount, don't go cheap.
                  Great cat btw.

Comment

Originally posted by wtx223 View Post
                    Rug.
                    About 2% of all bobcat mounts turn out respectable.
                    If you do mount, don't go cheap.
                    Great cat btw.
                    Exactly what he said don't go cheap!! And ask to see other bobcats they have done so you know what you're getting into. Hate to see a monster like that get ruined!

Comment

Tons of great ideas on this thread. Awesome pics of bobcat mounts! I hope it helps

Congrats on your cat.

Comment

Langford Taxidermy is doing it. He's a full time firefighter and part time taxidermist. He's done eleven mounts for me over the years and has won many ribbons at the Texas taxidermy show with the mounts he's done for me.

Comment

Here's mine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

this mount would look perfect

last live pose before you scared the feces out of him

Comment

I have a few and the best to me is when they have something in their mouth(quail, rabbit, etc). I have one that is up on a overhead counter looking down at you(hiding his mouth kinda down is his chest). To me its the best I have seen. Their mouths are just hard to look right IMO. Never seen a bobcat much over 30 lbs. 42 is just unbelievable.

Comment

Working...
                              X