Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dang man, here we go again.

Comment

Kill him quickly! This is getting out of hand!

Comment

Here come the gun-banners again.....

Comment

Sad deal indeed. Prayers up for all. I just watched Delta State play TAMU Commerce in football Saturday night. I sat with their fans and they were really nice folks.

Comment

Originally posted by popup_menace View Post
            So, in these instances doesn't a complete lockdown render anyone in the same room as this shooter absolutely screwed?
            Lockdown means that "if" you are in safe place/room, you lock yourself in and deny entry to anyone else until told to do so, hopefully by the police. If unable to be locked in, stay in place and hide.

It makes the shooter harder to find easy targets and hopefully no targets if he can't get into any rooms. It also makes it easier for the police that are responding to not be looking at 1,000 people that may be shooting but a single person or two running around with a gun.

When a location goes on lockdown, doors don't automatically lock. You lock your own door.

Comment

Statistically, shooters will kill themselves at the first sign of armed resistance. The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with one.

Comment

Is this an active shooter, or just another shooting?

Comment

Originally posted by UltraMax View Post
                  Statistically, shooters will kill themselves at the first sign of armed resistance. The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with one.
                  Yep. They do not want to face a shootout and a chance that they might be wounded and captured.

Comment

Unless something has changed with this event the problem is it seams like more of an execution. Shooter seams to have singled out a professor. Don't know if being armed would have helped. In the mass shooting being armed would definitely help.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by stinkbelly View Post
                        Guessing the shooter had targeted just a Prof...appears this way with limited info.

Comment

Originally posted by stinkbelly View Post
                          It isn't very active if only one known victim and no new ones found.

Everything now is an "active" shooter in the media. I think that it gets more air play. If they say there was a murder on a school campus in another state, not that many people would rush to their television. Put ACTIVE SHOOTER in the headlines and the ratings probably go up 50% in that time frame.

All kinds of rumors on Fox News such as a shooting on another nearby campus, the shooter might have been found dead, etc.

As I sometimes say at work, say it once and it is a rumor and say it twice and it is a fact..... whether true or not. The first time someone ponders, "I wonder if this is happening on another campus and the second person hears it in walking by and the story becomes there is a shooting on another campus and then we are off to the races. Who knows what has happened in this case but I would not put a lot of stock in the early reports.

Comment

The more I read, it sounds like the prof was the intended target of the shooting.

Comment

They need to stop making these people famous! Prayers up for those involved and in harms way. Hope they drop this goon before any more bad happens.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruark View Post
                                Here come the gun-banners again.....
                                Yeah no kidding.

Comment

Working...
                                X