This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Urban Meyer

I am sure that there are folks out there who know more about this situation than I do but appears that they may have caught him telling a lie...
    I am sure that most of the Ohio State fans will want to turn a blind eye and move on. I am not sure that the media will be so ready to let it die...
    I am predicting that he will be the next Texas Tech head coach...
    Adios,
    Gary

might as well fire him for lying. who does he think he is? the president, or congressmen, something?

Comment

There is a lot to this story. The main problem I see is he kept him on his staff for 3 years after the original report of the guy beating his wife. I guess wins/losses mean more than a persons life to some people. In my opinion it shines a bad light on Meyer’s character on what he is willing to turn a blind eye to. Plus why lie about it from the get go and then 3 days later fess up that you did know about it then.

Comment

Originally posted by aggie2000tx View Post
        There is a lot to this story. The main problem I see is he kept him on his staff for 3 years after the original report of the guy beating his wife. I guess wins/losses mean more than a persons life to some people. In my opinion it shines a bad light on Meyer’s character on what he is willing to turn a blind eye to. Plus why lie about it from the get go and then 3 days later fess up that you did know about it then.
        My problem as well. But Meyer never had cared about moral issues he cares about wins and losses.

Comment

I'm usually on the other side of the fence, but this just feels like a total witch hunt to me

Comment

Rumor has it he was looking at houses in Westlake Hills.

Comment

Yes, I think he lied, no I don’t think Ohio State fires him.

And I don’t think Tech has the cache, nor cash to hire him if he gets fired

Comment

Dup post, not sure why

Comment

He can come to LSU once he’s learned his lesson ����

Comment

I think he lied to the media - I dont necessarily care about that.

I think Smith should have been fired back in 2015.

I think Meyer should be suspended a few games, but not fired.

The Ohio State University is pretty much life for me and Family.

Comment

Originally posted by webb09 View Post
                      Rumor has it he was looking at houses in Westlake Hills.
                      Lol, that would create a media meltdown here in Austin!

Comment

Meyers statement hurt him. In today's world ignoring physical abuse against women and children isn't tolerated. Personally I would fire him and move on. Meyer is a great coach but ******bag of a human being. He hasn't changed from his days in Florida.

Comment

Meyer

I'm a Buckeye and still have a sister living in Columbus. This is what she is telling me. Ohio State will wrap up it's investigation in two weeks. It's looking better for Meyer now because it appears that he did report up what he knew to the athletic director so he followed what he was supposed to do. He got into trouble because he reported to the press that he had no knowledge. "which I don't blame him" Looks like the AD may be in more trouble than Meyer. She is also saying that it looks like the police department covered it up and it's a mess. What ever happens Ohio States image is going to be pretty tarnished. She thinks that there was just a huge rush to judgment by the press. They just love it when someone as powerful as Meyer does something wrong. I personally don't agree with anything that has happened there so don't shoot the messenger. Jim

Comment

Since when did we stop allowing the Police Department to handle these issues? If it happened the police should have been called, charges pressed and end of story. Why are the two wives talking about it instead of the victim and the detective? Did the wife keep quiet because of the money he was making and now things went so far south that she brings it up? Wrong is wrong and a man should never lay his hands on a woman but let’s handle it upfront and all these Universities won’t have to try to save face! It’s called 911!!!!!

Comment

One 2015 text exchange between Courtney and Shelley Meyer shows the extent of Shelley’s knowledge of the alleged domestic abuse and that she was concerned for Courtney’s safety.

Shelley: “I am with you! A lot of women stay hoping it will get better. I don’t blame you! But just want u to be safe. Do you have a restraining order? He scares me”

Courtney: “Restraining orders don’t do anything in Ohio-I tried to get protection order which is what started this whole investigation. And that should go through soon finally. It’s hard bc you have to prove immediate danger. Legal system is tough. Basically you have to prove he will kill u to get protective order”

Shelley: “Geesh! Even w the pics? Didn’t law enforcement come to your place ever??”

Urbans wife knew about it in 2015. And was scared of him. (A member of her husbands staff)

I think both Urban and the women beater are lowlifes. Urban should have absolutely done more than just sit by and lie to the media about the abuse. Aside from wining footballs games Urban has very little positive qualities going back to when he was at Florida.

Comment

Working...
                              X