RTIC soft side cooler problem/warranty issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RTIC soft side cooler problem/warranty issues

Just wondering if anyone else has had problems with these products or lack of customer support??

We bought this cooler during Houston livestock and rodeo and used it once and now the bottom is coming apart. I called and emailed RTIC and was told that since I didn't buy it that their retail store they wouldn't be able to warranty the product, and I should return it to were I bought it which at this point is no longer an option!!! As a manufacture and a local Houston company this is insane... I know of another person who had the exact same situation who actually went to the company location only to be told they wouldn't warranty it. Also they refused to allow him to speak with a supervisor of to even release the name of a supervisor....

My final email was over a week ago asking for a supervisor to contact me via phone or email and I have received no response.

RTIC makes a great cup but beware of the soft side cooler and total lack of customer support
    Attached Files

Gorrilla glue
    Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 06-30-2017, 07:12 PM.

Comment

I have 2 with no issue. Glue it back. Those coolers were donated to charity and heavily discounted so I understand their position to a point but that sucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

That's bull****. According to the warranty information on their website.....if you by at Buccee's or any other place they are not going to warranty them.

Go post your story and pictures on their Facebook page.

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
          That's bull****. According to the warranty information on their website.....if you by at Buccee's or any other place they are not going to warranty them.

Yup....I would be raising some hell there.....

That bleeps their retailers too.

Comment

Per the website gotta buy from them to get warranty. So if you buy from a distributor your not getting warranty? Go blow up their Facebook.

Warranty Service Periods
            Product Category Warranty Term
            Hard Sided Coolers 5 Years
            Soft Sided Coolers 3 Years
            Duffel Bags 3 Years
            Stainless Steel Drinkware 5 Years
            Gear & Accessories 1 Year
            This warranty is your exclusive warranty and there are no warranties that extend beyond the description contained here. The warranty is valid for the original retail purchaser and is not transferable and only applies if purchased directly from RTIC, on our website rticcoolers.com, or from RTIC as the seller on amazon.com.

Comment

Why is returning it to the place of purchase not an option?

Comment

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post
                I have 2 with no issue. Glue it back. Those coolers were donated to charity and heavily discounted so I understand their position to a point but that sucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Yeh.

I was one of the people selling them

Comment

Yeah screw the high price of Yeti.....oh wait nevermind.

Comment

Should have paid full retail from their website I guess? Joke. I have one I bought on sale from their site with no issues. Glue it back together and be happy you didn't pay full price. If you decide to toss it, I'll take it!! Coach

Comment

Originally posted by justintyme8303 View Post
                      Why is returning it to the place of purchase not an option?

Feel free to go back, and read the second paragraph of the original post. Answer your own question.

SMDH.

Comment

Mine is doing the same thing!! Get what we pay for I guess!!

Comment

I had one of 4 of mine separate as this. Just applied some high end glue and moved on.

Less stressful than making phone calls, being on hold, only to be brushed off.

Comment

This is the kind of thing that companies try to get away with--until they are called out -- especially on social media. They actually watch such stuff, and when the heat gets high enough - - -

Comment

Originally posted by Buckshot-73 View Post
                              Feel free to go back, and read the second paragraph of the original post. Answer your own question.

SMDH.
                              Sorry still don't see it. No mention of where he bought it in that post either. So yes please SYDH

Comment

Working...
                              X