another Age him thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

another Age him thread

I think I have a pretty good idea on his age but find myself second guessing myself on this dude. I know come opening day he will more than likely vanish or, better yet, take up residence in another part of the county.
    what say the GS
    Attached Files

5+

Comment

I'm gonna say 4.5

Comment

Hes thick from nose to tail. 5plus

Comment

Mature 6+

Comment

Sure looks good and fat for such a crappy time of summer. Are y'all feeding anything besides corn? I'd guess 4 or 5+ based on those pics.

Comment

Originally posted by quarterback View Post
              Sure looks good and fat for such a crappy time of summer. Are y'all feeding anything besides corn? I'd guess 4 or 5+ based on those pics.
              All of our deer are just almost to the point of being rolly-polly fat. They have plenty of water and we are throwing corn at em twice a day for 5 seconds at a time, Once a month I'll go throw out a couple 50# bags of rice bran. two 1000# protein feeders have been kept full and flowing since I first got on the lease in 2015. We simply run a 16% 5/32 creep pellet...……….may not be the best choice of protein but the deer loved it before I got there and continue to this day to eat as much as I care to give them

Comment

At least 5.5. Will need previous year pics to determine/guess if older than 5.5.

Comment

He looks great. Lots of folks hinting at 4.5.. I guess my question to those guys is this.. If he was coming to your feeder on your lease with no history, Would you put him on the Noshoot list? i bet you wouldnt. that deer is fully mature. I hope you get him.

Comment

Originally posted by Thwackdaddy View Post
                    All of our deer are just almost to the point of being rolly-polly fat. They have plenty of water and we are throwing corn at em twice a day for 5 seconds at a time, Once a month I'll go throw out a couple 50# bags of rice bran. two 1000# protein feeders have been kept full and flowing since I first got on the lease in 2015. We simply run a 16% 5/32 creep pellet...……….may not be the best choice of protein but the deer loved it before I got there and continue to this day to eat as much as I care to give them
                    Well then that explains why he looks so chunky from what I've read. Given that, he may not be as old as I previously thought. Just the same he's a great buck and one that I'd proudly hang on my wall. Keep us posted.

Comment

Working...
                    X