Lane splitting on motorcycle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sectxag06 View Post
    contrary to popular belief, studies show that lane splitting in heavy traffic (i.e. bumper to bumper) is actually safer for motorcyclists.

Correct,

This thread is fun.

For the record I don't agree with doing it at speed but I do at lights and did so for many years when I rode daily.

Lots of internet warriors in here.

Comment

Had I guy do this to me last week, traffic was backed up bumper to bumper for probably a half mile. I didn't notice him until he was at my back bumper. He had probably cruised up between the two lanes, handle bars almost touching cars, for the half mile. When he got to my front bumper, I hit the horn, he threw me the bird and kept right on going up the middle , as far as I could see him. Its these DB's that give the riders a bad name.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Fangman View Post
        Had I guy do this to me last week, traffic was backed up bumper to bumper for probably a half mile. I didn't notice him until he was at my back bumper. He had probably cruised up between the two lanes, handle bars almost touching cars, for the half mile. When he got to my front bumper, I hit the horn, he threw me the bird and kept right on going up the middle , as far as I could see him. Its these DB's that give the riders a bad name.
        and what did you gain by that? nothing. but, you did distract him.

even if it ****** you off to no end, there's no point in adding danger to the situation.

Comment

Had a biker running the stripe on the Sam Houston tollway at the toll booth! Scared the heck out of me plus he was hauling butt! Most of the bikers speed, if you want to get killed that’s your call. The law abiding bikers that drive in the lanes present no problems to me, their presence is easily recognized. Just keep telling yourself that lane splitting is OK and keep rolling the dice, we are praying your ego and self importance doesn’t get you killed!

Comment

By the same logic if I just drive my truck into the grass and around the light because I didn't want to wait behind you I would be justified. I mean it's not inconviencing you and who cares if it's illegal right?

Comment

Originally posted by Neano View Post
              By the same logic if I just drive my truck into the grass and around the light because I didn't want to wait behind you I would be justified. I mean it's not inconviencing you and who cares if it's illegal right?
              I like the way you talk

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Fangman View Post

Comment

Originally posted by sweetinlow660 View Post
                  Sounds like a bunch of "Im a Bad ***, Well Im a bigger bad ***" to me. I say if you want to play the odds that you'll survive buzzing in and out of traffic at high speeds and are ok with possibly murdering someone you crash into then more power to you. If you want to sleep with the fact that you see someone on a motorcycle attempting to pass you in between lanes of traffic in a traffic jam and you murder them by swerving out in front of them then more power to you. As for me I ride my bike a lot like I drive my truck. Defensively. I don't "Filter" or "Split Lanes", but I will maneuver my bike to a safer position if I find myself at the back of the line at a fresh stop light.
                  wait your turn at the light, like the rest of us. And wear your stupid helmet.

Comment

Originally posted by tdwinklr View Post
                    wait your turn at the light, like the rest of us. And wear your stupid helmet.
                    I never said I didn't wait my turn I said I reposition my self so Im not at the back of the line at a "fresh" light i.e. one that has just turned red and hasn't given the texters I mean drivers behind me time to notice that I'm there. You just assumed that I meant I cut in line.

Comment

Doesn't make me angry at all when they filter to the front at lights. Used to do the same when I rode. Had tons of people yell at me from the front of the light. lol I just laughed and said i'll be along much faster than you, enjoy your day... I do cringe when I see some doing it at highway speeds. I never did that, I wanted to live! lol

Comment

Originally posted by TXHUNT3R View Post
                        Doesn't make me angry at all when they filter to the front at lights. Used to do the same when I rode. Had tons of people yell at me from the front of the light. lol I just laughed and said i'll be along much faster than you, enjoy your day...
                        So with that logic, sports cars can go to the front. Or maybe I can go to the front because I accelerate faster at a light than grandma in her Oldsmobile. Or etc... Can you see AT ALL, that it's about respect and that your time is of no more importance than anyone else? Sad to read that you're just ok with people acting like that because you too were a ****** at one time.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
                          So with that logic, sports cars can go to the front. Or maybe I can go to the front because I accelerate faster at a light than grandma in her Oldsmobile. Or etc... Can you see AT ALL, that it's about respect and that your time is of no more importance than anyone else? Sad to read that you're just ok with people acting like that because you too were a ****** at one time.
                          There you go trying to bring logic into it. LoL

Hoggslayer

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post

Just A-holes making excuses for acting like A-holes.......nothing more, nothing less. If they keep rolling the dice, their number will definitely come up.....it's just a matter of when, not if.

Comment

As much as I hang out with bikers I really do think splitting is mostly to save time. Its does have other uses like freeing up traffic(if there were enough bikers that it would make a dif) keeping the bike cool, and not being rear ended as that's the major issue when stopping. BUT splitting is only legal in Cali and so I say follow the rules of the road where you live. Also in Cali the people know to look for bikers and that they do split between cars. But that can't be said for everywhere else especially bikes being more common on the road in Cali then other places. People in Cali and the rest of the world are trained and or aware to be on the road with all that going on and be aware. So if ya want to split go to Cali. Heard it's a nice place.

Comment

I don't see it happen enough to get bothered by it.

Comment

Working...
                                X