No announcement yet.

Gulf Shores, Perdido Key or Destin??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The water is not as clear in Gulf Shores as it is eastward from Destin. However, my family loves GS. Destin is too crowded for me. I dont like to fight crowds when I am vacationing.

I would suggest Santa Rosa or Seaside. Just a bit past Destin, but definitely worth it.

Comment

We like perdido key pretty well. Lots to do and plenty places to eat. Good golfing too.

Comment

We rent condos in Destin that have a private beach and don’t get very crowded. It is busy when you go out in town but we have little kids so don’t go out that much. Beach is Destin is hard to beat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Back in the 90s we used to go to Port St Joe and Mexico beach a lot. Not crowded and not very built up. Of course it could be that way now though.

Comment

We always go to Orange Beach and will be leaving to head there Friday as a matter of fact. We enjoy visiting those other places during the day then returning to the laid back atmosphere of Orange Beach at night.

Comment

We stay in Ft. Walton beach. Destin is crowed, but so is Port A. I haven't been to OBA or GSMS, but I believe the general consensus is that the water in Destin is better than both the others. I've been to Destin when we hit it just right and the water was absolutely beautiful. Crab Island and the pass looked like you were in the Bahamas.

Comment

We just got back from orange beach. Water was crystal clear and beaches were "almost" as white and powdery as destin. But for the lack of crowds and traffic, i will take that over destin any day.

Comment

Originally posted by salth2o View Post
                  The water is not as clear in Gulf Shores as it is eastward from Destin. However, my family loves GS. Destin is too crowded for me. I dont like to fight crowds when I am vacationing.

I would suggest Santa Rosa or Seaside. Just a bit past Destin, but definitely worth it.
                  This is what we have done in prior years. Stay down 30A a bit; albeit it's more crowded even out that way as compared to 10 years ago, it's still much less than Destin. However, you still are in decent proximity to Destin if you want to head there a few times for dinner or other activities. Not to mention, the harbor isn't too far away that you can't take an offshore trip or rent a pontoon and do the Crab Island thing one day.

Comment

Originally posted by shark79 View Post
                    14 yo son probably going to enjoy the scenery at Destin.

I see what you did there

Getting down to peridio key, orange beach or gulf shores from 10 is a kick square in the taint. Once you get there its as nice place and easy to get away from crowds if you want. We always stay near gulf shores either along fort morgan rd or off 182. As mentioned we go visit the busier places during the day and come back to the house for the evening.

Comment

Working...
                    X