X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't go to the place in Comanche!!

Move this over from the Campfire.

Ok, here is the long sad story,

A buddy of mine is on another website that advertises leases. He calls an advertised hog hunt lease. The advertisement states Grade A hog hunts. Their taking over my land. Backs up to Corp Property. Please come kill them.
    The guy on the phone is very easy to talk to. States he has 100 acres that he bought to hunt himself for deer. He does not hog hunt and the hogs are eating all his feed and tearing his place up. He has 4 stands with 4 feeders. The feeders are running morning and night. He fills them once a month and every time he goes down he sees hogs and they have torn something else up. $50 a day for a week day and $75 for a weekend day. The guy lives in San Antonio but his mother lives in Arlington.

So we plan on going for a weekend for several weeks. My buddy goes to the mother's home and drops off the money. She is very nice says if we go again just to mail it to her. My buddy calls the guy to let him know we have paid and the weekend that we want. He states that fine and I am sure you will want to go again once you see the place. I have several groups that have gone multiple times.

We leave out Friday morning loaded for bear. Lights, plenty of ice chest, rented trailer, ATV, guns & bows, you name it we have it. My buddies get there ahead of me since I was pulling the trailer. They call and start telling me the sad story. There are not 4 feeders there are only 2. Only one is throwing and nothing has touched the corn. No tracks around either feeder. They go down to the tank. No tracks around the tank. No game sign on the 100 acres at all.

So they call me. Should we even go?? I am in Stephenville headed towards Comanche. We decide lets see what Friday night brings. I get there with the trailer. We set up camp and then jump on the ATV. It is as bad as they say. So we go back to camp. My buddy is calling the lease guy. You got it, his not answering now. He is ******. We are sitting around camp smoking a cigar and having a drink when 2 pickups with ATVs in the back come down the same road we came in. I ask him are they coming here?? My buddy says no there going to go on down the road. Nope!!! They turn in the same gate and come up to our camp. 4 guys get out and have the same map and papers we have.

We now have 7 hunters on 100 acres with one feeder that has no game going to it!!!!!!!!!!! Needless to say they are ****** too. T he lead guy with them feels bad that he brought his buddies out. He is trying to call the guy. He actually met the guy in Ft Worth to pay. He thinks the guy said he lived in Austin (remember he told us San Antonio) but his cell phone is a Tarrant County number.

So back to plan B, we pair up and go out to hunt the one feeder, the tank and hand spread some corn under one of the other feeders to see what Friday night brings. NOTHING!!!!!!

We all go back to camp, fix some dinner, and sit around the camp fire. The only good thing is the 4 guys are great guys. We get a long great. Lots of laughs and joking about the situation we are in. We all get up Saturday morning and head home.

Do not fall for this scam. Both groups know the guy as Scott and his phone number is 817-703-9036. The directions to the land are, go north from Comanche on Hwy 16. There is a yellow blinking light that says Hospital. Take an immediate right (east and is a dirt road. West says something about Zion Cemetery. Hospital is right there). Go to stop sign and turn left. Go to group of mail boxes and make a right. Second gate on the left. It has a yellow rope on it. The gate was not lock. From the stand I hunted (sat in) I could see the lights of the hospital less than a 1000 yards away.

Of course we can't get the guy on the phone. We are going to learn from it and go on down the road. What we can't believe is he sent my friend to Mom's house to pay. If we weren't who we are we could be at Mom's house raising some H%$#. We were really looking forward to this hunt and spent some $$ to make it happen let allow the time in preparation.

Sorry for the long read.

Man, that sucks. Sorry to hear that.
    Jeff Young

Comment

Sorry about your bad luck. Thanks for the heads up.

Comment

File charges on him....

Comment

Does the property even belong to him? Were the two feeders worth taking? Oops, did I say that? Can you go back to the Mother and ask for your money back? Maybe explain the situation to her nicely and if there is no cooperation then tell her that you will be call the Police. They may not be able to do anything about the situation but at least you can try and bluff her.

Comment

Phone shows to belong to a Terry Creekmore out of Arlington.

Comment

I know it ain't right, but we could ban together and book all of his time up and just never show up

Comment

That sucks!

Comment

While it would probably not get your money back,I think I'd swing back by his moms place and let her know what her son is up to.It might keep someone else from getting ripped off.

DJ

Comment

That's terrible. I think you showed a lot of maturity by making the most of the situation!

Comment

People like this need to caught and then made to stand outside Cabelas and Bass Pro shop with a sign around their neck stating I scammed hunters out of their money beware of people like me.

Comment

Originally posted by 2050z View Post
                        People like this need to caught and then made to stand outside Cabelas and Bass Pro shop with a sign around their neck stating I scammed hunters out of their money beware of people like me.
                        You know i have often thought about what coudl be done to people who do things like this and this is the best ideai have heard of yet!!! very good idea.

Comment

thanks for the info so the rest of us dont get swindled...

Comment

Nice work Chew!
                            Proud member since 1999

Gary's Outdoor Highlight of 2008:

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...highlight=GARY

Comment

Fortunately for the guys that do the ripping off they count on everyone they rip off to take the "High Road" as we usually do.Does this guy advertise on sites other than TBH. I would hate for him to Rip off NR hunters. I would post it on Tradgang, Bowsite and AT just to make sure. IMO

Comment

Working...
                              X