Trimming clips in Adobe Premier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trimming clips in Adobe Premier

I downloaded a trial version of this program. I tried trimming clips and it did away with the part I wanted to keep. I found the razor tool and thought it would split the clip, then I could trim as necessary. Any tips? Thanks.

You would be better off trimming your clip in the preview window by marking an "in" ("i" key) and an "out" ("o" key), then drop the clip into your timeline ("," key). This assumes you are starting with a clean timeline/sequence. Trim your clips as they will play into your timeline, then once you have all your clips lined out as they will play you can go back and add transitions/effects.

Most of the more popular tools and actions have a shortcut on the keyboard (in parentheses above). The more you learn what these are the faster you can edit your video.

If you use the razor tool, make your cuts, highlight the part of the clip you want to get rid of and hit Enter.

Also, there are tons of tutorials on the Adobe site to help you learn the program as well as other sites. Do a search for "adobe premiere tutorials" and you will find lots of online help.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by Fulldraw; 01-01-2007, 09:19 AM.

Comment

Thanks Tyge, appreciate it. I want to get the most out of the trial since it is 30 days and I need to justify the cost of the program for recreational video editing.

Comment

Working...
      X