Trad Hog Hunt with TBH'ers April 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trad Hog Hunt with TBH'ers April 2014

Got the following message from Donnie Hays at Coyote Creek Ranch in Detroit, TX:

I have the following weekends available this summer, July 12-14, 19-21, 26-28, August 2-4, or 16-18. My hunts are usually 250.00 per person, but I would do it for 200.00 per person for your group. I also have some rams that I sell hunts on for 300.00. I will give y'all a 50.00 discount on those also. My hunts are generally Friday noon-Sunday noon. Lodging is included in the price of the hunt. My bunkhouse has 7 beds, and my game room has 4 beds and 2 couches. I have a small bathroom with shower. My kitchen is furnished with stove/oven, refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, pots, pans, and utensils. My cabins have ac and satellite tv. I have a gas grill, and a big charcoal grill on the covered front porch. My hog hunting area is 150 acres. I have 10 stands set up, several are double stands. I have done groups of 10-12 before. We generally hunt only 6 or 7 at a time and rotate groups till everybody limits out. You are allowed 2 hogs each, any size for the 200.00. We have feeders and we also do a lot of spot and stalk hunts. I would love to have you come hunt with us. I don't promise you a big fancy lodge or 5 star accomodations, but I promise I can put you on some hogs, and will show you a good time. I usually get 50.00 per person down, then pay the balance when you get here. Let me know if you want to set up a hunt for one of these weekends, and tell Charles (Oneway) I said thanks.
    Donnie Hays

Hey Phillip,
    Sorry to take so long to get back to you, we have been camping. I have available, April 4-6, 18-20, or 25-27. Just let me know. Thanks,
    Donnie Hays 903-249-4850

The other thread sorta fizzled out so I'm starting a new one. I would really like to do a TBH Trad Hunt so I'm putting one together. I've sent Donnie a deposit check to hold the weekend of April 4-6. Being that far out it should give everyone plenty of time to plan. It'll be a long drive down from Virginia but I think it'll be worth it.

Sounds cool, I might be interested, just need to check on a few things. Either way I'll help keep this at the top!

Comment

Sounds good to me, allowing plenty of time to save and plan. Thanks for getting the ball rolling!!

Comment

Hey Doc, if I go we can work out a deal and ride together, split travel costs and maybe one or two more could ride with us?

Comment

I may be able to swing this by then!

Comment

That's way up there in the Paris area, right?

Comment

Sounds like fun. I'll look into it.

Comment

Bubba1986, if I go your welcome to ride with me.

Comment

Originally posted by gatorgar View Post
                  That's way up there in the Paris area, right?
                  Yes, near Clarksville.

I sure hope we can get enough TBHers together for this. I've already sent Donnie a check to hold the dates of Apr 4 - 6 so I'm definitely going.
                  Last edited by Phillip Fields; 07-10-2013, 07:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bassmatt72 View Post
                    Hey Doc, if I go we can work out a deal and ride together, split travel costs and maybe one or two more could ride with us?
                    Sounds good to me! We aught to be able to get a good load of folks from this area!

Comment

I'm in. Only four hours away from me.

Comment

I can not commit this far out, but I am a maybe and would like to come if circumstances permit.

Comment

I realize this is pretty far out for commitment. My deer season starts Sept. 7 and runs thru Jan1, and I do an annual pig/javvie hunt in south Texas every Jan or Feb, so April seemed like a good time. I talked with Donnie and found out what dates he had available. I asked him to hold April 4-6 for me. I sent him a check to cover the deposit for 6 people. He says he can take up to 12. We had tried a thread earlier to try and get something together and it kinda fizzled.

Since I really wanted to do a trad hog hunt and meet some fellow TBH trad hunters I decided to go ahead and get something firmed up. Virginia is a long ways from Texas and I felt this was a good way to get together. At the point anyone feels they want to commit they can reimburse me for a $50 deposit and I will put them on the list, up to a maximum of 12. Once I get some commitments I will post a list here so everyone knows who is onboard.

Comment

Let's take this back to the top.

Comment

So you have a deposit in to hold the dates of April 4-6, 2014? I seem to be confused about when you're trying to get this put together...

Comment

Working...
                              X