Need some opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need some opinions

Ok, I know I posted a similar thread a few weeks ago but now I need just some help pushing me onto one single style. I've been looking at the Rossi 92s and cannot make a decision. Need opinions and reasons why to go one over the other.

44 mag or 45 LC

Barrel length 20 or 24 entertain me on the 16 trapper size.

Octagon or Round

Was wanting the 45lc octagon 24" but after some reconnaissance work yesterday, found more 44 than 45 on the shelves. So may be looking at a 44 but can't just seal the deal on what I want. It'll be just a fiddle fart gun, shoot hogs and may try the deer but prob not. Come on guys, help me seal the deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Fubar View Post
      I've thought about that, being able to shoot 454 and 45 would be cool. 454 for animals and 45 for paper, rocks and what not but I've heard the 45s don't shoot as well out of a 454.

Comment

45LC shoots .45ACP I think or double check. I know those shoot .410 so gives you a few more options.

Check to make sure. The ballistics of the 44Mag are the best, but the .45LC gives diversity if you like playing with different things.

Comment

Not a 454. It is a canon andI will never shoot another without taping my wrist and an oven mitt.

45lc would be fun....

Comment

44 mag

Comment

24 "

Comment

round barrel

Comment

buy the ammo online

Comment

just dont buy too much at one time or u will get flagged by atf lol

Comment

Originally posted by dusty arrow View Post
                      just dont buy too much at one time or u will get flagged by atf lol
                      Haha, I won't. I'm not a ammo hoarder, I just buy a little more than I need at the time and what I can afford.

Comment

Buy the 44 mag for ballistic reasons and the 16 in length for looks,16 inch will get all the goodie out of the 44 mag cartridge....the short barrels are very accurate and if you get tired of it,they sell really quick...and they look really cool!!!

Comment

I like the 45LC. I load everything from plinkers to heavy hunting loads in my Rossi Model 92
                          If you compare the 44mag and the 45LC Ballistics they are right together.

This is one of the hunting loads it shoots well. I have some heavier loads that were worked up and are safe in my gun but they are over the max recommended so I will not post them.

240gr JHP 28.0 gr H110 1,532 fps 1.6" WLP Hodgdon
                          Suggested starting load: 25.2 gr
                          Hodgdon 2006 Annual
                          7.25 in barrel
                          Pressure: 30,000 CUP

Comment

IMO u can't beat a 44 but I'm biased!!

Comment

Originally posted by Boomerang View Post
                              45LC shoots .45ACP I think or double check. I know those shoot .410 so gives you a few more options.
                              Please don't post stuff like this unless you know what you are talking about. In the 92 you can't shoot a .410 from a .45 colt rifle.

I am going to buy one in .38/.357 16" round barrel as soon as I get the funds. .38 to plink and .357 for hogs or maybe deer.

Comment

Working...
                              X