Bye bye Bannie!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bye bye Bannie!

Rangers fired Bannister. I really don’t understand this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I liked the way he managed- maybe too old school for today’s pampered players? Seems like a genuinely nice guy too - wife and I had a nice chat with him at spring training

Comment

A great guy, not his fault. He can only manage what player talent he has on the team...

Comment

I'm not sure if it was too old school - I think it may have been more that the fiery Mgr speak was generic, and seemed contrived.

Comment

Leadership!

Comment

Jon Daniels strikes again!

Comment

Daniels needs to hit the road!!!

Comment

Communication is the key. Apparently he wasn’t very good at it.

Comment

Jeff used to work out at my high school years ago. He married the drill team instructor.

Lets say his communication style is not the best.

Comment

Originally posted by aggie2000tx View Post
                    Communication is the key. Apparently he wasn’t very good at it.

It's tough to sell "never ever quit" to millionaires during an obvious rebuild.

Kind of surprising to me. I wonder if this is a contract deal?

Comment

Bad move IMO

Comment

Was surprised but not shocked when I heard the news. I imagine there is a pretty big rift between Banny and JD. I wouldnt be surprised if there have been several behind the scenes meetings this year between the two of them where Banny has questioned JD's decisions and handling/moving players. The GM usually always wins and the manager/coach loses. I have always thought Banny is a solid big league manager.

Comment

Daniels expected him to build a ark without a hammer. Hard to win without any pitching, older players and a strike out king/home run hitter. Hope he finds a good home elsewhere.

Comment

I heard it was old school managing and his way of rallying the troops did not fit well with the younger generation players in the club house, also bet he knew he could find more $ somewhere else and didn't want to take the 3-4 year wait until the rangers are back...

Comment

Originally posted by gunslinger300 View Post
                              Daniels needs to hit the road!!!
                              long ago. I was done with him after the kinsler trade

Comment

Working...
                              X