How many ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Family property in rocksprings...still hunt from time to time

A friend of mine owns 1200 high fenced acres between Bandera and Hondo....still hunt it from time to time

The lease I pay for a few miles NE of Lometa.. been on it for 4 seasons, getting ready to start season #5

Comment

Originally posted by cj7zrcool View Post
      '87-'88 Hamilton County
      '89-'90 NO LEASE
      '91-'92 Bosque County
      '93-'94 Runnels County
      '95 Comanche County
      '96-'01 Coleman County
      '02 McCulloch County
      '03-'04 NO LEASE
      '05-'10 Mills County
      '11-'15 Kimble County
      '16-'17 NO LEASE
      '18 Throckmorton County

...to the best of my recollection
      Dang Jeff, I thought I was a lease-hopper!

Comment

I have been on the same lease since 1988.

Comment

Comanchie
          Graham
          Abilene
          Breckenridge

Comment

Originally posted by tpack View Post
            Leases have you been on in the last 20 years. This year will be the 7th lease I have been on since 1998. One lasted for 9 years and the rest were 1 or 2 years. Some we left because no deer, some were sold, land owner died, some were leased for more money and lost a good one because the lease manager kept the money and did not pay the land owner(she still let us hunt though). I have seemed to be the one who always finds them since I ask and ask and ask. So my magic # is 7.
            Sounds like we may have had the same lease manager.

Comment

Third lease since 1985.

Sent from my SM-T817V using Tapatalk

Comment

2. Both great leases. Really blessed.
                First was 18 years Found the second and had two for a while. And I have been there 10 years
                5 years term lease just re-signed.

BP
                Last edited by Big pig; 09-17-2018, 06:16 PM.

Comment

85-2000 Angelina County TX, Great lease to grow up on! Brother and Dad are still on it!
                  01-09 Military, Hunted on Post where ever I happened to be stationed and when home!
                  09 No Lease, Had a TBH'er reach out and take me on a couple of hunts in Parker County. Will never forget your kindness sir
                  10 Graham TX, Land owner kicked us off for family use even though we had a multi year deal.
                  11 Vernon TX, Land owner wanted more money and the quality didn't justify the cost increase.
                  12 Turkey TX, Out of 8 hunters we got 5 deer on camera in six months. Never actually saw one live
                  12 Bought my first piece of land and never looked back
                  17 Bought my second place after selling my first to a fellow TBH'er Plan on staying put!

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                    Dang Jeff, I thought I was a lease-hopper!
                    In my defense....

'87-'88 Hamilton County - guy was subleasing from landowner and wanted to put on two more hunters and increase the price by 50%
                    '89-'90 NO LEASE
                    '91-'92 Bosque County - landowners son was day leasing our place during the week
                    '93-'94 Runnels County - ranch was 5K acres split up into 300-400 acre pastures, way to many guns and very few deer left
                    '95 Comanche County - very few deer & found a great deal on the Coleman Co. property below.
                    '96-'01 Coleman County - loved this lease but after 5 years my best friend wanted to try somewhere else and I went with him.
                    '02 McCulloch County - landowner wanted to go up 25% first year after telling us no increase for 3 years
                    '03-'04 NO LEASE
                    '05-'10 Mills County - my favorite lease of all time until 93yo landowner passed away and her ****** bag SIL took it over and started bringing his friends out to hunt our sets
                    '11-'15 Kimble County - great lease but 4.5 hours away with a son heavy into club baseball left us little time to hunt plus landowner got an offer for more money.
                    '16-'17 NO LEASE
                    '18 Throckmorton County - great combination of being close to home (1.5 hours away), affordable, family-style lease with lots of fish-stocked ponds, pigs to hunt year around, and some really good deer.

Comment

I've been on 3. That was enough to make me go out and buy my own place. Never again.

Comment

8 for me. Been on and off one and back on another since March this year. First one this year got shafted by lease manager a good chunk. But fortunately was able to find another just up the road.
                        2000 2003 Falfurrias
                        2003 2005 No lease
                        2005 2006 Rio Grande City
                        2006-2009 Bluntzer
                        2009 2010 Roma
                        2010 2016 Hebbronville
                        2017 2018 Refugio
                        March 2018 On Laredo lease. August 2018 off Laredo lease
                        September 2018 on Mirando City Lease.

This crap is getting old.

Comment

was on one in tyler county for 20 years, south jasper county ( I called it thief acres) 3 years, one in orange county for 2 years ( never saw even 1 deer) last 4 on pan am club,, seems to be getting better seeing more good deer every year,,, but I will be making pens around my feeders after season hogs are think.... been day hunting chambers ranch for 18 years

Comment

We've been on ours for 23 years I believe. I have no idea what we'll do if we lose it because looking for another decent one sounds like misery.

Comment

Comment

Three!

First one was in Cross Plains, hunted there two years until the LO passed away and the son Jd for sale signs up in 10 minutes.

Second one was in Coleman County that we left because the guys on it were a bunch of drunks that didn’t want kids coming out.

The one I’m on now is awesome. Smaller place, lots of deer and awesome people!

Comment

Working...
                                X